When I emerge it's thankfully time to leave. We pile in the back of Jace's truck for the last time, I'm not sure who is designated driver from now on but I'm sure as fuck not volunteering.
"You know your job will always be waiting for you Big Man, anytime you miss the short skirts and pretty smiles you can always come back" Iz leans on Beth's seat facing Jace as he drives.
"Oh honey that's good to know, what about if I just miss the customers?" He ruffles her hair making her smile.
"See? Who will flirt with me now? Your replacement is boring and no one else has the balls to piss off the boss" Iz pouts.
"I know honey, life's not fair. You could always just play with Cooper, close your eyes, pretend it's me" he chuckles cocky.
"There's always that" Coop indulges them and hugs his wife from behind pulling her back into her seat.
"What about Cole? He's fine with pissing off his brother" Beth offers but I don't bite.
I keep my head against the glass and watch the lights pass us by.
"I'm hoping one day he might feel playful again, right now he's put me in timeout. I am sure I deserve it, as long as he's happy I guess it's fine" Izzy's fingers brush my hair as she talks and my eyes close.
She thinks I look happy?
"Fucking hell woman, why won't you just believe me?" I mumble quietly and batt her hand away.
"I don't know Cole, maybe because you are colder than this fucking winter?" She sighs frustrated with me once again.
"Think maybe that's because you have my jacket honey?" I ask dryly.
"You want it? Ask for it, I'm right here. I'll take any words I can get" she snaps at me and now I sigh in frustration.
Not anger, I wish I was angry. Frustrated is the only thing I manage to feel.
"Everything is fine Isabel, I'm fine, we're fine, you can keep my jacket that's fine too" I say without energy because I'm tired of the same conversation.
"Thanks I will, and everything that's in the pockets" she says with a tilt of her chin and I freeze. "Sure you don't want to ask for it?" Iz asks knowing I will want it back.
"Touch it and we're so not okay" I close my eyes and almost feel something, I know I should feel panic.
"I don't think you'd care either way" Iz shrugs and looks out the window beside Cooper.
"Isabel Taylor" I growl.
"Bentley" Cooper frowns at me.
"I'm begging you, don't" I whisper and for the first time in months my heartbeat races in my chest and a sweat breaks out over my brow.
"You don't need to beg me, just ask for your jacket back" she turns to face me and her eyes see everything she is doing to me.
"Isabel.." I start.
"Nope, uh uh. You only call me that when you want space" Iz checks her nails frustrating me further.
"Izzy" I beg and she lifts a brow without saying a word.
I let out a breath, I can't let her do this.
"Iz, gorgeous. Please. I'm cold, May I please have my jacket?" I whisper without looking at her.
I don't want to be close with her, I can't be that guy. I can't love her anymore.
"Bug?" Her finger lifts my chin.
Her beautiful blue eyes are wet but smiling, her lips curled just a little as if though those little words of endearment mean something to her.
"Yeah?" I ask and my voice cracks, I clear my throat embarrassed.
"Are we okay?" She asks looking into my eyes.
I feel my breath quicken and become shallow, I can't breathe.
"Of course" I say automatically and she sighs in disappointment.
Izzy shrugs out of my jacket and hands it back without a word, her face drops into Coop's shoulder and he pats her hair. I hold onto my jacket tightly and fight the urge to check the pockets here and now. Cooper looks at me questioning and I feel his disappointment in me, that's nothing new, I've always been the disappointment.

The car pulls into Jace's garage and I'm edgy, impatient to get out. I kiss Beth on the hair before turning and she holds onto my arm.
"Tomorrow?" She asks quiet and worried.
"I'll be here, I promise" I tell her.
"Night Bentley" she smiles and I want to smile back, I don't.
"Jace, put these girls to bed already" I rub my thumb over Beth's cheek instead, her smile is bright enough for two.
"Now why didn't I think of that?" He mutters sarcastically and lifts his angel to his chest lovingly. "May I sweetheart?" He smiles down at her face.
"You certainly may" she giggles and I turn and leave through the roller door and cross the front lawn, I'm out.