Chapter Twenty Eight

“Alexis!” I heard my dad shout. I rolled over and squinted at the sight of him running into my room. I jumped up when he started tickling me and ran out of my room.

“It’s Christmas!” my dad cheered as the two of us ran down the stairs. “Santa has been!”

I laughed as I entered the living room. There was a pile of presents surrounding the Christmas tree. I looked over them in amazement before looking back at my dad. He grinned and sat down on the floor next to the pile. I sat down beside him and read the label of one of the presents.

TO: Lexi. FROM: Santa

I smiled before opening it. Inside was his band’s book. Our Story, Our Way.

“Study up,” he said and I laughed. I continued opening the presents addressed to me while Dad just sat watching me with a smile on his face. By the time I had finished throwing wrapping paper at my dad there was a pile of brand new and unwrapped items. Amongst these was a lot of clothing with ‘K2K stars’ written on. What that meant I didn’t know. There were many CDs, books and a lot of musical equipment.

“There’s one more thing,” my dad told me before getting up and jogging out of the room. I waited for a minute before he returned with a small wrapped present in his hand. He handed it to me and sat back down.

To my beautiful Alexis, you’ll always be my little girl. Love, Daddy x

I looked at him and smiled before opening the small gift. I opened the small box to find a locket with Sykes written on it and a heart beside it. Inside the locket was two pictures, one of my dad and I at Alton Towers and the other of the two of us in Gloucester.

“Dad, it’s beautiful. Thank you so much,” I said with tears in my eyes.

“You’re welcome, Angel.”

“I have something for you,” I told him digging through the pile of presents I had wrapped for various people who were visiting today. I found two gifts and passed them bother to my dad. He opened the first one and held up the signed picture of me.

“It’s one of a kind,” I said and winked at him. He laughed before opening the other.

“Princess, this is perfect,” he told me as he looked at the canvas photo of me and him. “This is going in the foyer where everyone can see it.”

Once we were dressed and had eaten my dad and I sat in the living room and waited.

“They should be here so-” he was interrupted by the doorbell. My dad left the room and went into the foyer. I heard cheerful voices before my dad returned.

“Come on,” he said, “they want meet you.” I followed my dad into the foyer where two women and a man were stood.

“Alexis, this is my mum, my step dad and my sister,” Dad told me. I smiled at them all and held my hand out but I was pulled into a hug by Nathan’s sister.

“Merry Christmas,” she whispered before letting go. I smiled at her then received a hug from Dad’s mum, my grandma, I guess. My dad showed the three of them into the living room while I went to find my phone. I had two missed calls and a text from Caiden. I tapped on his number and held the phone to my ear.

“Green eyes, merry Christmas.”

“Caiden, did you get the gift?”

“Yeah, I love it. I’m going to hang it in my bedroom.”

“Good. I miss you.”

“I miss you too, Babe. How’s your dad?”

“He’s good. Your parents?”