Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

“Lexi!” my dad’s voice brought me from my dreams. I blinked a few times before rolling out of bed. My bed hair was ridiculous due to the amount of hairspray I had used last night. I picked up my phone and saw that I had a text from Caiden.

I miss you so damn much. I’ll call you later.

I smiled as I saw the text. I quickly ran around my room getting ready while my dad continued to shout me.

“I’m coming!” I shouted as I jogged down the stairs. My dad was sat in the kitchen with a cup of tea.

“Sam is coming round later on so you two can get to know each other,” my dad said.

“Great,” I replied.

“Is your bedroom tidy?” he asked and I nodded.

“Good. Your friends can come to stay next weekend, if you like.”

“Thanks, Dad,” I smiled. I sat down beside him and anxiously drummed my fingers on the counter.

After fifteen minutes of my dad telling me about his tour after Christmas, there was a knock at the door. My dad left the room and I waited patiently.

“Lexi!” my dad called. I got up from my chair and went into the foyer where my dad and Sam were stood.

“Hey, Alexis,” Sam greeted.

“Hi,” I smiled and looked up at my dad.

“I’m just going to pick up some things. I’ll be back soon,” he told me then left the house. I was a little taken aback by my dad leaving but I tried not to show it.

“Would you like a drink?” I asked Sam.

“Yeah, please. Tea?”

I nodded and went into the kitchen. I flicked on the kettle then turned around to see Sam sitting down on one of the stools at the island. I perched on the counter and smiled at him.

“So you’re thirteen, right?” he asked me and I nodded.

“Awesome. My dad told me about you finding Nathan,” he said.

“Yeah, it took a lot to find him. And my foster mum flipped when she found out that I had been to London to find him.”

“It must’ve been tough not knowing who your dad was all your life?”

“I guess. But I didn’t really know any different. And my foster parents gave me a great life.”

“That’s sweet,” he replied

“Yeah. I guess you know how I feel about not knowing my parents.”

“Yeah. But my mum and dad, Tom and Kelsey are great. And I wouldn’t change anything about being adopted by them,” he told me.

“That’s really lovely,” I replied as the kettle boiled. I made two cups of tea and handed one to Sam.

“So what are your hobbies?” he asked me.

“Dancing and singing, I guess,” I spoke and smiled, “you?”

“Singing and acting. But I’m a terrible dancer,” he told me and I laughed.

“Are you a terrible twerker too?” I asked him. He turned around and attempted twerking while I laughed. He then took my hand and pulled me down from the counter so I was twerking with him. I tripped over his feet and ended up on the floor. Sam laughed and pulled me up.

“You are a terrible twerker,” I told him.

“Right back at you,” he said with a wink.

“Sorry but I think I do it better.”

“Oh, really?”

“Really,” I replied.

“Well then, there’s only one way to settle this…dance off!”

He took his phone out of his pocket and tapped a few buttons before some music began playing.

“Dance with me,” he said as he held out his hand. I smiled and took it. He spun me towards him and I placed my spare hand on his shoulder. Sam moved us around the kitchen and I blushed as he looked into my eyes. He leaned towards me and I froze as we stopped dancing.

“You’re beautiful,” he whispered. The music continued to play as Sam’s lips lightly skimmed over my skin.

“I-I-” I stuttered. He pressed his finger to my lips and placed a light kiss on my neck.

“But Caiden,” I whispered. Sam ignored me and continued to place light kisses on my skin. I heard the front door open and pushed Sam away.

“Hope I’m not interrupting anything,” my dad said as he entered the room.

“No. Sam was just leaving,” I replied and smiled.

“I’ll DM you my number on Twitter,” Sam said before he pulled me into a hug then left. I looked at my dad who raised his eyebrows.

“I have a boyfriend, Dad,” I stated and he laughed.

“It’s not like you let me forget it.”

I rolled my eyes at him and he winked. My phone started ringing and I answered it immediately knowing exactly who it was.

“Hello, green eyes,” Caiden spoke. I grinned at the sound of his voice.

“Hey!”

“How are you, gorgeous?”

“Brilliant now that I can hear your voice.”

“Cutie. Shall I come to London then? My school is closed until Thursday.”

“Oh my god, yes!”

“Okay, well, I’ll love you and leave you then,” he said.

“Yeah. I’ll see you soon.”

“Bye, Babe.”

“Love you,” I said then hung up the phone and grinned at my dad.

“He’s coming over isn’t he?” my dad asked and I nodded. “For how long?”

“He’s going home on Wednesday night. His school is closed until Thursday,” I replied. My dad raised his eyebrows and smirked at me.

“What?”

“You’re so cute.”

“Thanks, Dad,” I said with a smile.

“You’d best go and sort out one of the guest rooms then,” he told me and smiled.