Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four

“Morning,” my dad greeted as I entered the kitchen. I smiled at him and sat down beside him.

“Tom and Sam are coming round later,” he told me and I nodded.

“Caiden will be up soon,” I replied as my dad went back to scrolling through Twitter on his phone.

“Speak of the devil,” I said as I felt Caiden’s arms around my waist and his chin perch on my shoulder.

“Good morning, green eyes,” he spoke.

“Morning, Caiden,” my dad said raising one of his eyebrows. Caiden smirked and let go of me.

“My friend and his son are coming round later on,” my dad told Caiden who nodded.

“I’d better go and get dressed then,” Caiden replied and kissed my cheek before leaving the kitchen.

“I should go too,” I said and jumped down from my stool.

“Lexi,” my dad spoke. I turned around and smiled at him.

“Wear something nice, yeah?”

I nodded and left the room. I jogged up the stairs and into my bedroom to find Caiden stood by my bed. He grinned and walked towards me. He kissed my cheek and I smiled.

“I love you, Lexi,” he whispered as he trailed kisses along my jawline.

“I need to get dressed,” I said before he brought his lips to mine.

“I can help you,” he replied as he pulled away.

“No,” I frowned and kissed him before ushering him out of my bedroom. I got dressed and sorted my hair out before jogging down the stairs. The doorbell rang just as I was walking through the foyer.

“I’ll get it!” I shouted to my dad and opened the front door.

“Good morning,” I greeted. Tom and Sam smiled at me and I stepped aside to let them in. My dad was just coming into the foyer as I was closing the front door.

“Right, let’s get to work,” my dad said and went into the music room. Tom followed him and I was left alone with Sam.

“How are you?” he asked me.

“I’m really good, thanks. You?”

“Great now that I’m with you,” he said with a wink. I frowned as he stepped closer to me and took my hand in his.

“Sam, come and look at this!” Tom shouted from the music room. I was relieved as he walked away from me and Caiden came down the stairs.

“Hey, green eyes,” he grinned and intertwined our fingers, “what do you wanna do today?”

“Well, we have to stay here because my dad has visitors,” I replied. Caiden nodded then kissed my cheek. Tom walked into the foyer and smiled at us both.

“It’s nice to see you again, Caiden,” Tom said and Caiden nodded.

“Alexis, your dad just played me a recording of your voice. You’re really talented,” he told me and I smiled.

“Thank you. What are you two working on?” I asked.

“Just a song your dad’s been writing,” he replied before going back into the music room. Sam came out of the room and grinned at me.

“Who’s this?” he asked looking at Caiden. I felt Caiden’s grip on my hand tighten.

“I’m Caiden,” he told Sam.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Sam,” he introduced.

“How do you know Lexi?” Caiden demanded. I squeezed his hand in an attempt to calm him down. He always was a little over protective.

“I’m Tom’s adopted son and I’m in the year above Alexis at school,” Sam explained.

“Well, I’m Lexi’s boyfriend,” Caiden said and Sam almost frowned.

“Alexis didn’t tell me she had a boyfriend,” Sam replied. I bit my lip and sighed. My phone started ringing and I quickly took it out of my pocket.

“Hello?” I said as I put the phone to my ear.

“Hey, Lexi. It’s Chloe.”

“Oh, hi,” I spoke as I went into the living room and shut the door behind me leaving Caiden and Sam alone together.

“I was just talking to Mia and Olivia about our after Christmas holiday.”

“Oh, okay. Where are we going? And who’s going?”

“Center Parcs. And us four but my parents, Olivia’s and Mia’s can’t go with us so will you ask your dad?”

“Yeah, sure. Oh and Caiden can’t come with us this year. My dad definitely won’t allow it.”

“Ha ha, okay, Babe. I’ll see you soon then. We need to meet up before Christmas so I’ll text you to sort something out.”

“Alright. See you later,” I said and hung up the phone.