Chapter 5 - Might as Well Call it Torture (1)

Start from the beginning

I tugged at the bag on my shoulder that I had stored the scrolls in to signify that I had, in fact, finished the scrolls.

"Oh, and by the way, I'm not a brat. I'm a demon fox that'll kick your sorry ass if you refer to me as such again, Itachi-sensei," I sign, making it clearly known that I did not like this new pet name. I also gave Itachi a sneer as I signed "sensei" to make it absolutely clear just how much I love him.

'#SassMaster' Kurama howls with laughter at my badass sass. Itachi face-palms again.

"Alright, what would you like me to call you?" He asks, completely exasperated already. I can tell that he's teasing, but I take the opportunity to get him not to call me by my full name with open arms.

"Naru-chan or kit, thanks," I sign haughtily in reply. My full first name kind of freaks me out from time to time. I'm constantly bombarded with "Naru-chan" and "Kit" in my head, so "Naruto" seemed a bit formal now.

"Okay, Naru-chan, let's get on with your torture-I mean training," Itachi says.

Somehow (maybe by that sadistic aura I sense coming from my new sensei) I assume that his little slip of the tongue wasn't exactly an accident. Terror pulsed through me. At least during the incident a few days ago, I assumed that my suffering would come to an end. But Itachi isn't allowed to kill me, even if he wanted to. Which he probably doesn't, but who knows?

Itachi takes the bag of scrolls from me before explaining what we'll be doing. "So, I assume that you've gathered that your chakra reserves need to be strengthened, at the very least?" I nod, no sarcasm this time due to me being utterly terrified. "Well, something else needs to be done as well. You need to improve your physical ability, and start training in chakra control,"

I give my sensei an excited nod, I mean come on! Let's start already! Suddenly, I heard a dull thump. I jumped and immediately released a ripple of chakra.

'A kunai? He threw a kunai at my feet! That bastard!'

"Excuse me, you moronic excuse for a dumbass butterfly fucking princess, did you happen to drop this, or are you trying to maim your adorable, pouting, blind, mute pupil, you retarded fucking jackass," I sign angrily. The fear from just a few seconds ago is completely gone. Back is the sass master.

Itachi sighs loudly. "Well, since I happened to think that you weren't using your Sensory ability, I thought that you might appreciate me throwing the kunai near you instead of tossing it to you so you could catch it. You know, because you weren't paying attention. By the way, you should be using Sensory all the time! It's your only means for seeing and you never know when someone will try and sneak up on you." he scolds.

"Itachi-sensei, do they really call you the prodigy of the Uchiha clan?" I sign.

"Um, well, yes. Why?" He responds shyly.

"I was just wondering, seeing as how you're dense enough to assume a blind boy can read, luckily for you I can, and that you think I have enough chakra to use Sensory all the time! I'm four, you fucking dolt," I sign, exasperated with the supposed prodigy.

"You should use it constantly while you still have chakra." Itachi counters.

I look in his general direction blankly.

"And what? Not have enough chakra to see when I really need to?" I sign sassily, planting a hand on my hip as soon as I'm done signing.

"Okay, point taken," Itachi submits begrudgingly. "Now onto what you'll be doing today, Naru-chan. I want you to take that kunai, and walk up the trunk of the tree behind you. When you fall, use the kunai to mark your progress. And no, you can't use your hands to climb,"