epilogue

Jieun's POV

Nine years later.

As Mina, Taehyung and I walked through the cemetery, we finally reached Jeongguk's grave.

"Mommy, can I speak to daddy?" My 9 year old daughter asked.

"Of course sweetie." I said.

"We'll give you some privacy." Taehyung said and we walked and stood behind a tree, keeping a close eye on Mina. She started speaking and I could hear what she was saying.

"It's been nine years daddy. I'm in fifth grade now. I really like computers, but math is hard. Mommy let's me sleep in one of your t-shirts. I never knew what you smelt like, but from what I can tell, it smells like you. I don't need to sleep with the light on anymore. I'm trying not to cry daddy but it's so hard. It makes me sad how you died before I was even born. I really miss you daddy. Can you see me?" I heard her speak.

I looked at Taehyung with tears in my eyes.

"I really miss him Tae." I told him.

"I miss him too, sweetheart." Taehyung said, embracing me in his hug. I hugged him back and he placed a kiss on my forehead.

Soon after graduation, Taehyung and I got married, since we thought it would be best for Mina. Even though Taehyung and I didn't love each other the way Guk and I did, we learned to love. If Mina can't have her real dad with her, she at least deserves a father figure in her life. No child deserves to grow up with just one parent.

Taehyung and I walked back to my daughter and stood at Jeongguk's grave. Just in front of his grave stone, he had a little plant pot. Mina reached down putting a bunch of pink and white lillies in the pot.

I felt a raindrop on my cheek and heard a clap of thunder.

"We should get going." Taehyung said as he scooped Mina up off her feet.

"I'll catch up in a sec." I told my husband, my best friend. Taehyung nodded and carried Mina to the car. After they left my sight I started talking.

"Jeongguk, I know you can't hear me. I know you're in a better place but I really fucking miss you." I chuckled. "I have something for you."

I pulled my mood ring off my finger and placed it in his little plant pot, with the lillies.

"The red on the mood ring is to show that I love you with all my heart. I don't know how long the colour will stay but as long as I keep you in my heart, it should stay there for a while." I said to Jeongguk.

"I love you so much." I heard a faint whisper. I knew it was Jeongguk. He was still here.

"I love you more, Gukkie." I cried.

"I love you most."