hana

Jieun's POV

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

I whacked my alarm clock hard enough to shut it up. It was my first day at a new school.

It was currently 6:00am and I had an hour to get ready. I changed into some ripped black jeans and a grey sweater. I put on my converse and I was changed by 10 past. I then went into my new en-suite bathroom so that I could brush my teeth, wash my face, straighten my hair and do my makeup. It took me about 40 minutes to do all that. So now I had 10 minutes to pack my school things and leave.

I walked downstairs to where my mom and dad were sat, my mom was cooking breakfast and my dad was sat at the dining table with a coffee and a newspaper. Typical.

"Hey, Jieun! Want some breakfast dear?" My mom spoke.

"Mom, you know I never eat breakfast." I told her.

"But you should really, it's good for you." My dad chimed in.

"I'll just take an apple." I smiled as I reached for the fruit bowl. I picked around in it until I found a nice, juicy, red apple.

"Have fun at school today." Both parents spoke as I approached the door to leave.

"Oh you know I will." I said sarcastically as I left the house.

Since it's a 15 minute walk, let me tell you about myself.

My name is Song Jieun, I am an only child and I am 17, turning 18 next month. My family and I just moved here, to Seoul from Busan. I never really liked Busan, it was boring. Well, for me it was. I'm gonna be honest with you, I never had any friends. It's not that I was bullied or a loser or something, I just told anyone that wanted to be my friend to go away. The reason for this is because I wanted to focus on my school work. I know, you're probably thinking 'Wow, what a dork', but actually, I'm not as smart as I seem. Okay that's a total lie, I'm a nerd.

After that short but long 15 minute walk, I finally arrived at my new school.

I saw students talking in the parking lot and I saw people being stupid by the entrance.

I walked up to the reception office and spoke to the women by the window.

"Hi, how can I help you dear?" She asked.

"Well, I'm new here, Song Jieun, and I haven't gotten my schedule yet." I told her.

"I will just print it off for you now." She said as she typed away on her computer. After a few minutes she reached over the desk to the printer where my schedule was.

"Here you go love, good luck." She chuckled.

I smiled and waved goodbye as I walked around the hallways.

"Literature in G4. Where the heck is that?" I mumbled to myself.

"Take a right up there, then it's the second door on the left." Some guy said.

"Oh thank you." I smiled.

"Are you new here?" He asked.

"Is it that obvious?" I giggled.

"Yeah, kinda." He chuckled. "My names Taehyung."

"Hi Taehyung, I'm Jieun."

"Hi Jieun." He smiled. We just stared at each other for what felt like hours but was actually a few seconds, until we were interrupted by the bell for first period.

"Well, I guess I'll see you around?." Taehyung said, but it came out more like a question.

"Yeah sure." I smiled and we went our separate ways.

I walked in the directions that Taehyung gave me and came across G4.

I walked in and the classroom was set out like the typical class rooms. I looked around until I saw a boy, who was writing pretty fast on some lined paper.

"Um, excuse me? Do you know where the teacher is?" I asked him.

He was still looking down whilst writing, obviously ignoring my question.

"Okay then..." I mumbled under my breath. I walked over to the opposite side of the room from him and sat at a desk. I pulled out a book from my bag when an old lady walked through the door.

"Mrs Kim?" I asked.

"Ahh, Jieun right?" She questioned.

"Yep that's me."

"Since some people are going to come in late for the lesson, since they have an assembly in the announcement hall, you can just go ahead and start the assignment on the board, which is to ask questions to your partner and using the answers, write a short biography about them, and since Jeongguk isn't at the assembly you can work with him." Mrs Kim explained.

I walked back over to the empty seat next to the boy, Jeongguk I assume.

"Um, hi?" I spoke, but he just carried on writing.

I aggressively sat in the seat next to him and forcefully placed my notebook and pen on the desk in front of us.

"Look, I know you seem busy, but we actually have an assignment to do, and I would appreciate if you didn't give me the silent treatment." I spoke frustratedly.

The boy lifted his head to look at me.

"What's that ring for?" He said looking down at my hand which was resting on the desk.

"It's a mood ring." I spoke.

"What does that color mean?" He asked.

"Frustrated." I said looking down at the purple, orange mixed tone on the ring.

"Why are you frustrated?" Jeongguk questioned.

"Because you're asking too many questions about my ring and none about me." I said angrily.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry."

"So, ask me questions then."