daseot

Jieun's POV

It was currently Friday evening and i was waiting for Jeongguk to come pick me up for our first date. I didn't really understand why he sent me a picture of a brightly coloured carnival, all i knew was that he was picking me up at 8, and it was currently 7:50.

I grabbed my phone, lipgloss, key and two twenty dollar bills, and waited patiently for Jeongguk to pull up. After a couple of minutes i heard a soft knock on my front door. I walked to it cautiously and opened it.

"Oh, hey Guk." I spoke realizing it was eight already.

"Hey, you look beautiful." He smiled at me moving his hand from behind his back, revealing a gorgeous bouquet of white and pink lillies.

"Aw you remembered." I spoke referring to our game of 21 questions the other day.

"Of course, but those flowers look awful compared to you. If my face was an emoji right now it would definitely be the heart eye emoji." He laughed, eyeing me up and down in awe.

"Thank you Jeongguk. It means a lot to here that. Let me just go put these in some water and we can go." I told, opening the door wider for him to come in.

I walked into the kitchen and reached for an empty vase on the top of the shelves, i filled it halfway with water and placed the lillies inside of it.

"You ready to go then?" I heard Jeongguk asked as he stood against the kitchen door frame.

"Yep, you can go on out to the car whilst i lock up the house." I smiled.
He nodded his head and walked out the front door. I followed close behind and walked out the door, pulling it shut. I took out my keys and locked the door, then walked to Jeongguk's car. I climbed in the car and put my seat belt on as Guk started driving away. Roy Kim softly played as we drove along the road.

"So, where are you taking me?" I questioned.

"You seriously didn't get the hint in my message yesterday?" He asked back.

"A carnival?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah babe." He said.

After about ten minutes of the top charts and loud singing, Guk finally pulled up to an empty parking space outside of the county fair. I looked out the window and gasped in excitement since it was so bright.

We stepped out the car and the atmosphere was already so awesome. There was music playing, children eating their cotton candy, the ferris wheel was lit up. It was just so breathtaking.

"You like it?" Jeongguk asked, holding my hand.

"Yes! It's so pretty." I spoke.

"I'm glad you like it." He smiled happily. "So what shall we go on first?"

----------------------------------------

"You ready to go?" I asked Jeongguk. It was currently 10pm and he was looking a little bit weary.

"No, we can stay for a bit longer if you want." He said, forcing a smile.

"No Guk, we're going, you look really tired and pale. Come on, I'll drive." I told him.

"No it's fine i got it." He said slowly.

"Jeongguk, give me the keys." I said sternly.

"No Jieun, I'll drive."

"Jeongguk. Give me the keys." I repeated.

He finally gave in and reached in his pocket, handing me his keys.

"I'm sorry. I've ruined the night for you." He said sadly as we walked back to his car.

"Guk, I had an amazing night, you didn't ruin anything." I reassured him.

I unlocked his car and jumped into the driver's seat, as Guk climbed in the passenger side. I put the keys in the ignition and turned the car on, driving back to my house.

The car ride consisted of music quietly playing on the radio and Jeongguk's light snores. I smiled to myself.

After about ten minutes, we finally arrived at my house.

I gently shook Jeongguk awake and whispered to him. "C'mon Guk, you can stay at my house tonight."

"No it's fine, I'll drive home." He spoke, sitting up in his seat.

"Not without your keys." I laughed and climbed out the car with my keys in my hand. God, I really am such a bitch sometimes. I heard Jeongguk groan as he stepped out of the car, shutting the door behind him. I locked the car and walked up to my front door, unlocking it quietly since my parents were probably asleep.

Jeongguk slowly trailed behind me up the stairs and into my room. He closed my bedroom door shut and lay on the left side of my bed. Soon enough, he was already fast asleep. I walked into my wardrobe and changed into a long white top and some bed shorts and climbed into bed next to Jeongguk.

I pulled his phone from his pocket and unlocked it, going on to his contacts. I went to Taehyung's contact and texted him saying, "Hi Tae, it's Jieun, Jeongguk was fast asleep in the car ride home, so he's asleep in my bed, I'm going to sleep on the sofa, but Guk looked really ill. Thanks, goodnight." Okay maybe i lied at the part where i said i would sleep on the sofa, i just don't want him to think the wrong thing. Obviously i'm not sleeping on the sofa when i got a perfectly comfy king size bed. Ha he thought.

I placed Jeongguk's phone next to mine on my bed stand and gently fell asleep. The last thing i remember was the warmth of Jeongguk's huge biceps wrapped around my small body.