yeolilgop

Jieun's POV

1 month later

I was scared. Any day now, Jeongguk could breathe his last breath.

The day he told me that he had cancer, Taehyung visited me that same night and told me that Jeongguk had only one month left to live. One month.

Guk got valedictorian speech. When he was told he got it, he had genuine tears in his eyes, but not a single tear fell.

When he was presented with it, he looked like a little kid on christmas morning. He was so proud of himself. I was so proud of him.

He told me he wanted to be alive for his speech.

I've been spending a lot more time with him. We'd have sleepovers every night, mainly at his house though because of his medication and panic attacks. But we would stay up til early hours on school nights watching different movies. I finally got him to watch Beauty and the Beast, my favourite disney movie of all time.

"You have to go home now." Guk said as he looked at his phone.

"Nah, I think I'll stay another night." I smiled cheekily.

"Don't you miss your own bed?" He asked me.

"Nope, not as long as I'm with you." I replied.

"I don't wanna get you in trouble though Jieun." He sighed.

"You won't get me in trouble. My parents will understand, they love you." I said.

Jeongguk and I were laid on his bed in a peaceful silence.

"I'm going to get a drink, do you want one?" I asked.

Jeongguk nodded his weak head and i walked out of the room and to the kitchen. He was getting weaker each day, he's losing so much weight and he's really pale. He bruises really easily as well.

I grabbed two glasses from the cupboard and started filling one up with water.

"Jieun!" Jeongguk called urgently.

I put the glasses down and rushed upstairs. I walked into Guk's bedroom and saw him lying on his back, on the floor. There was blood coming out of his nose and he started coughing it up.

"Oh my god!" I shrieked and pulled out my phone.

"Jieun, don't call 911." Jeongguk said wiping his mouth.

"Don't be so stupid Guk, you're gonna die!" I exclaimed and rang 911 anyway.

I heard Jeongguk's coughs get more intense.

"911, what is your emergency?" The person on the other line said.

"I need an ambulance right now, my boyfriend has cancer and he fell and he's bleeding and coughing up blood and-" I explained but was cut off by the man on the other end of the line.

"What's your address please ma'am?" He questioned.

I gave him Jeongguk's address and stayed on the line.

"The ambulance is on it's way. Make sure all doors are unlocked and the paramedics have a clear pathway to your boyfriend." The operator spoke.

"Okay, thank you so much." I said and ended the call.

"No, Jeongguk." I cried.

"Shh, don't cry babe, I'll be okay-"

"Taehyung!" I yelled.

I heard heavy footsteps and the door swung open.

"Fuck!" He yelled.

"Get him down stairs!" I shrieked.

Taehyung picked up his step brother and carried him downstairs. I heard the sirens get closer.

I looked out the window to see the ambulance pull up outside. The paramedics rushed up to the house and opened the door. They put Jeongguk on a stretcher and pulled him outside.

"Jeongguk!" I cried.

"I love you Jieun." He whispered weakly.

"I love you more." I said as a tear hit my hand.

"I love you most."

They carried him into the ambulance and shut the doors, soon driving away.

I turned back to the house and saw Taehyung running towards me. He hugged me as we both cried together.

"What's all this noise?" Taehyung's dad said.

"Dad, it's Jeongguk, we have to get to the hospital now!" Tae exclaimed.

"Minseo! Quick get down here." Sungmin shouted up to his wife.

Soon enough, we all jumped into the car and drove off to the hospital.

He's going to be okay. Everything is gonna be alright.