set

Jieun's POV

"So..." Jeongguk spoke, tapping his pen on the desk. It was currently lunch and I decided to spend it with my only friend, in G4, Literature.

"So?" I questioned.

"Let's play a game." Jeongguk suggested.

"Sure, how about 21 questions?" I replied.

"Okay, I'll go first." He said. "Where do you see yourself in the future?" He asked.

"Well I guess it would be a dream to be an astronautical engineer, and work for NASA. What about you?" I asked.

"Hey! You can't use my question." He chuckled.

"But I wanna know." I frowned.

He looked down as he spoke. "Well to be honest, I don't really see a future for myself. I'd rather just find out where life takes me. I haven't got anything planned but I'll just wait for the future to come I guess."

"Seems fair enough." I replied.

I was interrupted by my phone ringing.

"I'll be right back." I told Guk.

I walked out of the room into the hallway. I pressed the answer button and held my phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I spoke.

"Jieun oh my god! How are you?!" I didn't recognize the persons voice until she spoke again. "It's me, your best friend, Sooyeon."

"Oh my god Sooyeon! I miss you so much!" I spoke, excited to hear from her. "Listen, I'll message you when I get out of school, how come your calling me anyway, shouldn't you be at school?"

"Nah, i'm having a day off because I cant be bothered, I just told my mom I had a fever. Oh yeah,  forgot you were an hour forward now." She told.

"Yeah, well I'll call you when I get out of school. Bye I love you!" I spoke.

"Bye, love you more." She said and I hung up the phone.

I put my phone away and walked back to Jeongguk.

"Hey, I'm gonna start walking towards maths, my next class." I said to him as I grabbed my stuff.

"Okay, I'll see you later?" He spoke, but it came out more as a question

----------------------------------------

"So how was school today, pumpkin?" My dad asked me as we sat eating dinner.

"It was good, I made a friend. How was work?" I spoke asking both my parents the question.

"It was good, we'll be starting surgeries soon." My mom spoke. My mom and dad are both doctors.

"So who's your new friend?" My dad asked.

"His name is Jeongguk, and before you start, no we will not date." I spoke before my mom could say anything.

"How much do you wanna bet that you and him will not date before next year?" My dad chuckled.

"As much as you got, because it will not happen." I laughed.

"Anyway, thanks for dinner, it was delicious." I smiled and took my plate to the kitchen sink.

"Would you mind starting the dishes sweetie?" My mom called from the dining room.

"I can't i've already got so much homework to do since I started so late in the semester. Sorry mom." I explained as I walked back to my room grabbing my book bag from the bottom of the stairs. Lmao, that excuse works for anything.

I walked in my room, closing my door behind me and threw my bag on my bed. I changed into my pajama bottoms and a hoodie.

I sat back down on my king sized bed and opened up my bag, taking my English homework out.

'Task: Write a childhood memory in form of a diary entry.'

The one thing i hate most is a diary. I just find it stupid how people write down how each day goes expecting something good out of it. You right down a good memory or a bad memory, for no reason.

I started writing the task, writing about the day my brother and i learnt to ride our new bikes we got that previous christmas. Mine was a pink bike and his was a blue one.

'Dear Diary,
Today, Joon and I learnt how to ride our bikes at the park we always go to on Friday's. Obviously Will got a hold of it better than me, and when i tried it for the first time i fell to the ground. My dad, mom, Namjoon and I laughed about it, and sometimes my dad still brings it up. That pretty much sums up my day, just me and my older brother learning to ride our bikes we got last week for christmas, Jieun.'

I didn't realize i was crying until a tear dropped after my name. I quickly wiped my eyes and put my work in my book bag ready for tomorrow.

I was sat in silence looking around my boring white room until my phone started going off. "Incoming call from jeonjeongguk".

I grabbed my phone from my desk and answered.

"Hey Guk" I spoke quietly.

"Hey Jieun, have you been crying?" He asked looking at my face through the phone screen on facetime. I completely about the few tears that slipped.

"No i was on instagram and i saw a really funny video, and it made me cry of laughter." I chuckled a bit, hoping Jeongguk would buy my story.

"Oh okay, well whats up?" He questioned.

"Nothing, you?" I asked back.

"Nothing really. You know, we never got to finish our game earlier?" Guk spoke.

"What game?" I asked confused.

"21 questions, we played it in Lit earlier, remember?"

"Oh yeah! Well, whose turn was it?" I asked.

"Mine." He told me. I nodded my head, telling him i was ready for his question.

"Will you go on a date with me Friday night?"