yeolahop

Jieun's POV

I held his hand and watched him smile as he laid in the hospital bed, waiting for the end. I don't understand how someone so perfect could smile at a time like this. He smiled the smile that could light up the whole room. Ever since he woke up, he hasn't stopped smiling.

"Jieun?" He asked.

"Yes Gukkie?" I responded, wiping my tears.

"Don't cry." he smiled, lifting his arms weakly to wipe my tears away.

"The doctor said that if i called sooner, you could have made it longer." I sighed. "This is all my fault."

"No, sweetheart. It's not your fault. You didn't give me this disease." He spoke softly, wiping more tears.

"I'm gonna miss you Guk. I wanted a future with you." I spoke.

"You will get your future, just not with me." He smiled sadly.

"I don't want a future without you. I love you so much, and love is a strong word, and people say hold onto it until you're completely sure of using it, and i'm being 100% honest when i say this. But I am madly in love with you Jeon Jeongguk. And I don't know why you're scared of losing me, I should be the one scared of losing you." I smiled.

"You read my task from Literature." He smiled.

"Mrs K had me mark them." I spoke.

"Your ring changed colour." Jeongguk spoke, looking down at our intertwined hands. "What does that colour mean?"

"Anxious and scared." I replied simply.

"You're scared?" He questioned.

"Of course I am Jeongguk." I replied, looking down at our hand. He put his finger under my chin and moved my head so that i was looking at him.

The room was silent until Jeongguk spoke up.

"Can you give this to Taehyung for me?" He asked handing me a piece of white paper with words written all over it.

"Sure, but what is it?" I asked, inspecting the paper.

"My valedictorian speech." He said quietly. A tear slipped down my cheek as those words fell from my mouth.

"Why are you crying?" He asked.

"I just wish I could have done something. I'm so sorry for not calling the ambulance sooner. I am so sorry that you won't make it for your valedictorian speech. You were so happy when you were presented with it." I said, smiling weakly.

"Just give it to Taehyung, he'll know what to do."

As Jeongguk spoke, his heart monitor beeped slower.

"Jieun, I love you." He spoke as his smile got weaker. His eyes got dimmer.

"I love you more." I cried as Guk weakly reached for the nurse button. He clicked it and looked back at me. Soon enough two nurses rushed in, one of them pulling me out the room. Before i left I heard Jeongguk speak his last and final words.

"I love you most."