Chapter Seventy-Eight - Quidditch Match

Start from the beginning

As Lee paused Eliza could hear the loud singing:

'Weasley cannot save a thing,

He cannot block a single ring,

That's why Slytherins all sing:

Weasley is our King.

Weasley was born in a bin

He always lets the Quaffle in

Weasley will make sure we win

Weasley is our King.'

"And Alicia passes back to Angelina!" Eliza looked over and watched anxiously as Angelina sped over to the hoop. Lee shouted, "Come on now, Angelina - looks like she's got just the Keeper to beat! - SHE SHOOTS - SHE - aaaah." Bletchley had saved the goal and threw the Quaffle to Warrington. Eliza and Alicia quickly chased after him as the singing grew even louder.

She watched nervously as Warrington went to score, "So it's the first test for new Gryffindor Keeper Weasley, brother of Beaters Fred and George, and a promising new talent on the team - come on, Ron!" Ron dived wildly, his arms wide and the Quaffle soared between them meaning Slytherin scored. "Slytherin score! So that's ten-nil to Slytherin - bad luck, Ron." With a shake of her head, Eliza caught the Quaffle, "And Gryffindor back in possession and it's Eliza Dawlish tanking up the pitch - "

As she passed Harry she yelled to him, "HARRY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GET GOING!"

Suddenly a Bludger came towards her knocking the Quaffle out of her hands, "And it's Warrington again, who passes to Pucey, Pucey's off past Dawlish, come on now, Angelina, you can take him - turns out you can't - but nice Bludger from Fred Weasley I mean, George Weasley, oh, who cares, one of them, anyway, and Warrington drops the Quaffle and Alicia Spinnet - er - drops it, too - so that's Montague with the Quaffle, Slytherin Captain Montague takes the Quaffle and he's off up the pitch, come on now, Gryffindor, block him!" Eliza chased after the Slytherin's quickly, "And Pucey's dodged Alicia again and he's heading straight for goal, stop it, Ron!"

Loud groans were heard from the Gryffindor stand while loud cheers came from the Slytherin side. Eliza shook her head again, "Great."She muttered under her breath, it wasn't much, only two goals, but they were two easy saves. "No, there's still hope." She said but that was before Ron let two more goals in. If the game continued the way it was going then they were going to lose dramatically.

"And Eliza Dawlish of Gryffindor dodges Pucey, ducks Montague, nice swerve, Eliza, and she throws to Johnson, Angelina Johnson takes the Quaffle, she's past Warrington, she's heading for goal, come on now, Angelina - GRYFFINDOR SCORE! It's forty-ten, forty-ten to Slytherin and Pucey has the Quaffle." Eliza allowed a sigh of relief to slip out of her mouth. "Pucey throws to Warrington, Warrington to Montague, Montague back to Pucey - Dawlish intervenes, Dawlish takes the Quaffle, Dawlish to Johnson, this looks good - I mean bad - Johnson's hit by a Bludger from Goyle of Slytherin and it's Pucey in possession again."

Eliza glanced over at Harry and noticed him dive down to catch the snitch, Draco following closely. Out of nowhere a Bludger came and hit his back causing him to fall to the ground, Hooch's whistle was blown. Eliza glared at Crabbe before flying down to Harry to make sure that he was okay, "Are you all right?"

"Course I am." Harry said as she pulled him up.

"It was that thug Crabbe," Eliza told him angrily, "He whacked the Bludger at you the moment he saw you'd got the Snitch - but we won, Harry, we won!"

There was a snort from behind Harry and Malfoy told him, "Saved Weasley's neck, haven't you?I've never seen a worse Keeper but then he was born in a bin, did you like my lyrics, Potter?" Eliza hugged the twins tightly, "We wanted to write another couple of verses! We we couldn't find rhymes for fat and ugly - we wanted to sing about his mother, see -"

Eliza glared at him, "Doesn't like losing, does he? Do you think he's ever heard of sportsmanship?"

"- we couldn't fit in useless loser either - for his father, you know - " Fred and George had both realised what Malfoy was talking about.

Immediately, she held Fred's arm, "Leave it, Fred, let him yell, he's just sore he lost, the jumped up little -"

"But you like the Weasleys, don't you?" Malfoy shouted, "Spend holidays there and everything, don't you? Can't see how you stand the stink, but I suppose when you've been dragged up by Muggles, even the Weasleys' hovel smells okay - " Harry grabbed George while it took Angelina, Alicia and Eliza to stop Fred from beating the git up. "Or perhaps, you can remember what your mother's house stank like, Potter, and Weasley's pigsty reminds you of it -" Eliza could only watch as both Harry and George ran over to Malfoy.

The three chasers screamed loudly at them, "Harry! HARRY! GEORGE! NO!"

The two then proceeded to punch the blonde until Hooch shouted "Impedimenta." Causing the two boys to be knocked over. "I've never seen behaviour like it - back up to the castle, both of you, and straight to your Head of House's office! Go! Now.'' Harry and George both marched off the pitch.

"Banned." Eliza said quietly when she was told about what Umbitch had done, "Banned. No Seeker and no Beaters - what on earth are we going to do?" Eliza felt empty, she couldn't believe it.

"Its just so unfair," Alicia mumbled, "I mean, what about Crabbe and that Bludger he hit after the whistle had been blown? Has she banned him?"

"No," said Ginny miserably, "He just got lines, I heard Montague laughing about it at lunch."

"And banning Fred when he didn't even do anything!" Alicia furiously hit the sofa.

"It's not my fault I didn't," Fred said sourly, "I would've pounded the little scumbag to a pulp if you three hadn't been holding me back."

"I'm going to go on a walk." Eliza said as she made her way out of the common room, "Maybe this will all turn out to have been a bad dream, maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and find we haven't played yet." The twins followed her out.

"Look, Za." Fred shouted over to her, "He insulted our family!"

"You should have been the bigger person." Eliza told them, "Instead you gave him what he wanted and now look - YOU'VE BEEN BANNED!"

"We're sorry, El, but we had to do it!" George replied, "He deserved it."

"YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO DO IT!" Eliza yelled at her, "He may have deserved it but it doesn't mean you had to do it!"

"Eliza -"

She sighed angrily, "DON'T, OKAY. THIS WAS MY FIRST MATCH AS CAPTAIN AND WE WERE LUCKY TO WIN BUT YOU TWO - YOU - WELL YOU HAD TO RUIN IT, DIDN'T YOU?"

"It's just Quidditch!"

Glaring at her two best friends, she shouted, "BUT IT'S NOT QUIDDITCH TO ME! IT'S WHAT I WANT TO DO WHEN I'M OLDER SO I NEED TO HAVE A GOOD SEASON!"

"Stop acting like Oliver Wood, for goodness sake." Fred and George told her.

"You really think he would have acted like this?" Eliza screamed, "He would not act like this - he would have been absolutely furious with you."

"No, he would go silent and you would have to go and sit with him for a while." The twins replied.

"Just stop talking about him, you always have to talk about him!" She pointed out angrily.

"Why?" They asked, "What's wrong with us talking about him?"

"BECAUSE HE'S GONE!" Eliza burst into tears, "He's gone. We broke up at the end of the Summer and he's never coming back!" The twins stepped forward to comfort her, "NO, LEAVE ME ALONE, please." She screamed loudly before running away from her friends, sobs leaving her mouth as tears quickly fell down her red cheeks.