Twenty Seven

Saturday. 2:34 PM.

I leaned over, grabbing a piece of pizza from the box that was placed strategically in the middle of the bed. He got pepperoni and sausage; my favorite. As I took a bite of the triangular piece of heaven, I leaned back in my previous position, snuggling up beside him. He rested his arm on my shoulder again as I lazily placed my legs over his. My eyes were locked on the TV hanging on the wall; we were watching The Godfather - the original. No sequel shit.

"This is my favorite part," he whispered, squeezing my arm gently.

I knew the scene well; the older man sleeping in his golden sheets awoke slowly to find himself covered with blood. Panicking, he begins to search all over for the source of the blood, moving his golden sheets off his legs to expose the source of it - the head of his prized horse.

I heard Kells begin to chuckle beside me. I rolled my eyes, grabbing the remote and pausing the movie. I took another bite of my pizza as he froze, staring at me. "What the fuck..?" he asked slowly.

"You're ruining the movie," I accused, taking another bite.

"Your chewing, all up in my ear, is ruining the movie. You don't see me complaining 'bout it."

I couldn't help but laugh. Quickly spotting a weak moment, he took it upon himself to snatch the piece of pizza away from me and began to take a few bites of it until I began to fuss; he then ate the whole thing.

I stared at him, mouth gaping open slightly, completely appalled. "That was so rude I could cry."

"Where the tears at, killer?" he challenged.

A grin spread across my face; I couldn't even be mad at him if I tried. Instead, I leaned over to place a kiss on his lips. I definitely caught him by surprise, but he welcomed it quickly, his hand racing up the back of my neck to deepen the kiss.

And just like that, there was a knock on his bedroom door. I pulled away, sighing. He did the same, glancing over at the door. "What's good?" he shouted.

"Why isn't Niykee answering her goddamn phone?" Lauren shouted back.

I groaned, rolling my eyes. I sat up, leaping over his legs to the foot of the bed. I ran my fingers through my damp hair as I opened the bedroom door. "You rang?" I asked, leaning against the door frame.

She folded her arm across her chest. I could hear Slim downstairs; he had the radio playing in the kitchen. "What's wrong with your phone?" she asked. "I've been texting you for the past half hour. Your mom called me because she couldn't get a hold of you either."

"I turned it off," I told her. "I didn't want to see any more shit. When did she call you?"

"Not that long ago. She said she texted you a few times and you never responded. I think she saw the pictures."

I nodded, sighing. "I'll give her a call."

She peered around me, taking a quick peek at Kells, who was laying on the bed still. Since the movie was still paused, he had turned his attention to his phone in order to give us some privacy. "What are you guys doing?" she asked quietly.

I gestured to the TV. "Watching The Godfather," I answered. "Eating pizza, making out - there's a lot of different things happening in here."

She chuckled, rolling her eyes. "So earlier went well then?"

She was referring to after she had left the bathroom this morning - after my little meltdown.

"There's something I've realized," I started. "There's going to be times where this is going to get hard for me. I'm not used to having eyes on me - I'm not used to being criticized for what I want."