Eighteen

My eyes lingered closed as his lips pulled away from mine. I could still feel the tingling sensation.

"I just really hope you remember that," I heard him whisper. A shiver went down my spine. I felt as if I was floating and that wasn't just the effects of the alcohol.

His hand was still cupping my face when I opened my eyes. "Believe me," I breathed out. "I will."

I leaned in, kissing him once more. The temptation was there - the urge was there - the need was there, and I couldn't help it. He didn't deny me, which made me deepen the kiss. I had wanted this for awhile, I just didn't want to admit it to myself.

"Niykee," he breathed, pulling away again. I sensed something in his demeanor; he was hesitant, which was rare for him. "You're drunk... and I don't want to take advantage of that."

I stared at him for a moment, catching my breath. Just like that time in the hotel room, he didn't want to take all of me - just a small fraction yet again. After a few seconds, I smiled, nodding.

"Okay," I said. "Thank you."

He smiled his famous crooked smile at me, which made me grin. All I wanted to do was kiss him again. God, I needed some self-control.

"You'll stay though, right?" I sounded as if I was begging him to. My voice rose slightly at the end of the question, which I internally shamed myself for.

"Of course," he said, shrugging off his jacket. He stood up from bed, lifting the covers and pulling them over my body. My eyebrows rose slightly at his kind gesture, but I didn't say anything. "Now it's time for you to go to bed. You've had a long day."

I grabbed his arm, pulling him onto the bed. "You have too," I said, giggling at his reaction; I had caught him completely off guard. He was now laying next to me in bed, our eyes locked on each other. "I love the album, by the way. I'm not sure if I told you that earlier or not."

He smiled. "Thank you," he said. He brushed away a strand of my hair away from my face before he spoke again. "I'm not sure what this means," he said, now caressing my face. "I don't want to rush anything as far as this goes. I want to take this as slow as possible. We both still have a full plate - as fas as our careers go, and -"

I kissed him once more, mainly to shut him up. He was ruining the moment with sober thoughts and concerns and frankly, I didn't want to hear it right now. When I pulled away, he sighed. "We'll talk about that later," I reasoned. He nodded before pulling my body toward him.

I could feel my eyes growing heavier and heavier as we laid there, his arms wrapped around me.

"Sweet dreams, Niyk."

~ ~

"Niykee? Are you here?"

I heard the voice before my eyes were even opened; I had came to the conclusion that there was no way around this. Plus, I was too hungover to get up at the moment; I was caught.

"Niykee?" I heard her voice once more before I heard a male's.  "Kells?"

I felt him stir awake next to me. I finally opened my eyes; there was Lauren and Slim, confusion written clearly all over their faces.

I sighed, mentally preparing myself for the next three things: A.) I knew an enormous headache was coming into effect as soon as I sat up, and B.) the fact that Lauren was going to bombard me with questions I really wasn't sure I had the answers to. And not to mention, C.) the inevitable talk Kells and I were going to have about last night and what it could mean - would it make or break us?