VR Horror Game

Idea by: SeanStallymention a user
-Mark's POV-
I have just finished recording games and I'm   looking through games on steam to play for tomorrow when I hear the front door close hard.
"Mark!" I hear Jack call up to me as he stomps up the stairs "look what I found!" I take off my headphones as the door opens and an excited Jack races through. Jack is staying at my place for a week because we are going to a convention in a couple days but he just also wanted to hang out.. later some other friends are coming over to hang out.
"What is it?" I look at the disk case in his hand.
"A game"
"Well duh... but what game? And why is it so special?" I ask as he hands it to me... I read the cover. 'Warning! May cause heart attack and/or temporary severe pain'
"Pain? What does that mean? Is this even a game? Did you look it up?" I ask.
"It's was at a game store and nobody had touched it but the guy at the desk said he played it and it was scary as all hell" Jack argues.
"So you believed him? Why would it cause pain?" I ask more questions.
"Can we just play it?" He asks almost begging.
"Ok fine but be cautious.... and keep 911 on speed dial" I joke slightly as I save and close things on my computer then I put the disk in "if this wrecks my computer you're going to pay"
"It'll be fine" he says as he grabs a chair and sits beside me "'How many players?'" Jack reads aloud. I type in 2 then it asks more questions.
"Should we record this?" I ask as I go to my other screen and start setting things up.
"It's seems okay so far.. like a normal game so why not?" Jack agrees.. once everything is set up we continue answering questions to set up the game.
"If I had known there would be so many questions I wouldn't have started recording yet" I sigh as we continue answering several questions "How long do you want to play for?" I read what it says on the screen.
"You can set a time? Maybe it's just an ongoing game that has no story line.." Jack suggests.
"Let's do.. an hour?" I look at Jack.. he nods.. I type that in then the questions are over. 'Please put on a headset each then when done look into the camera'. "Camera? How does it know it's a camera not a Webcam?" I start to get confused and freaked out.
"Maybe it can access your computer and read that you have a camera attached?" He shrugs it off so I grab my pair of headphones "I'll go grab mine" he gets up and heads to his room. Once he gets back we both plug the headphones in and put them on.
"Well so far this game is fucking freaky but we'll see how this goes... I hope you guys are enjoying it... so far...." my mind goes blank as I look into the camera then everything blacks out. When I open my eyes I look around then get up quickly.. I'm in a dark room.
"Mark?" I hear Jack nearby "are you here?"
"Yeah... what the fuck is going on? Are we in a game?" I call out as I turn.. eyes searching the dark.
"Where are you?" Jack's voice sounds like he's about to cry "I'm scared" I start walking in the direction of his voice.
"Keep talking"
"I'm actually fucking terrified... what are you doing?" He voice is getting closer... I put my hands out in front of me then they meet soft fabric. He jumps and smacks my arms but I grab him and pull him close to me.
"It's okay.. I'm here" I say as he hugs me back.. I can feel him shaking "Why are you so scared?"
"I don't know.. I guess seeing things on a screen is different than real life" he whines.
"Ok... let's find a wall.. then maybe a light or a door" I suggest as I let go of him and take a couple steps before Jack grabs my hand and holds it tightly.
"Don't leave" he begs.. I then grasp his hand and pull him along... we keep walking for a few steps before I feel something cold hit my head.
"Ouch"
"You okay?" Jack asks.
"Yeah.. something hit my head.. I reach up and grab a solid metal object that's hanging from the ceiling... my hand feels around it.. a flashlight! I feel the rubber button then I press it and yank it from the string it's heald with.
"Ok let's find a door or a light switch" I point the light at Jack and he smiles.. I then scan the room... it's all concrete... I then spot a door "a door" I pull Jack as I race towards the door. When I get there I let go of his hand and reach for the handle.. I turn it the yank the door open to reveal a long hallway.
"Fucking fantastic!" Jack sighs as we step in... the door behind us slams shut then Jack jumps.. his hands grabs mine.. I smirk at him then turn off the flashlight.
"Maybe we should have said half an hour" I point out.. he blushes then let's go of my hand.
"I'm good... let's go" he waves me forward.. I smile and proceed on carefully... there is one door in the middle of the wall to our right so I keep my eyes on it. I know how horror games work. We are nearing the door when we hear a blood cuddling scream.. we both jump and turn trying to find the source of the noise.
"I don't think that was behind us" I say as I pull Jack closer to the door... he latched onto me again "Let's go"
"I don't want to!" I stop as Jack yells "I'm scared" he says quieter this time
"I'm here and I'm not going anywhere" I say in a softer deeper voice "do you trust me?"
"Yes... completely" he sniffles as a couple tears runs down his face. I smile and put my hands onto the sides of his face.. I wipe the tears off with my thumbs.
"It's okay... remember this is a game... we only have.." I look around then spot a clock "40 minutes left"
"Ok.. at least we didn't say 3 hours" he nods  and sighs as he let's go of me... I smile at the faint blush he has on his cheeks.
"Right.. let's go" I turn then I feel Jack grab my hand.. I just hold tightly... if it's  what makes him feel better. We creep up to the door... then I put my ear to the door... I shake my head since I don't hear anything "Wanna go check out down the hall?" I ask.
"I can stay here if you go check" he says as he looks like he's calmed slightly more than before "I'm okay"
"Alright.. I'll be quick" I turn and almost speed walk down the hall making sure to look at every inch of the walls... just in case there is a small or secret item. I am walking then I take a step and my foot goes through the floor... I grunt then I hear quick footsteps behind me.. I turn to see Jack running to me.
"I'm okay" I say as I push myself up.. I look down into the hole to see a small black..clip? I turn on and point the flashlight into the hole.. I pick it up then I look to see it full of bullets.. I start to pry up more boards. I find 5 more clips and a second flashlight.. I hand it to Jack. I continue looking and we rip up half of the hallway.
"Mark" I turn to see Jack holding up what looks like a utility belt and a gun is in its holster.
"I'll take it" I get up and take it from him.
"I know I'm not going to be able to shoot anything.. I'll be too fucking scared" I put on the belt then I put the clips where they fit. I load a clip in the gun then I hold the light up onto the right side of the barrel.
"I feel like a cop.. I feel badass" I say as I give a last look at the hole "I wonder what would have happened if I didn't find that?"
"Maybe they'll only give us one gun on the way.. now we might have two?" He suggests  as we reach the door.
"Maybe.." I point the gun at the door, my finger on the trigger "open the door" he stands beside the door against the wall the hesitantly reaches for the handle... he then turns the nob and throws the door open. There's only a couple small lights on in the room.. it's full of a ton of stuff... I slowly enter first making sure to scan the room fully.
"I think it's clear" I say.. Jack comes in looking around then he closes the door behind him.
"Where the fuck did you go?!" We hear a yell outside the door.. I head over and put the latch in place then I pull Jack back out of the way "get the fuck out here!! Dammit! I'll find you!" We head over to the exit where we go into another hall but this time it looks more like an abandoned house because there's still stuff around.
"Check everything" I reach down to pick up a paper but when my hand touches it, it goes numb and tingly and I can't feel it.. I can't pick it up.. I pull my hand back "Ok.. I guess that's the equivalent of not being click able in the game" I note.
"No kidding" Jack is looking at his hand as he tries to touch something he's not supposed to.
"Find them!" We hear the guy yells followed by dogs barking.. we look at each other before we quickly glance over the halls as we move down them trying to get away.
"Don't stop but be careful" I say to him as we round several corners.. then we hit a dead end with a locker and several boxes in it "shit" we turn as we hear the barking getting closer.. I pull Jack to the locker where I open it and stuff him inside. I am about to close it when he grabs me and pulls me in too.. when the door is closed it's very tight but we somehow manage to fit. We look out through the three thin lines in the top of the door... the barking gets close and 2 dogs round the corner and go the opposite way down the hall. I wait a few more minutes until I hear more steps.. I think it's the guy.. but I also hear growling. I expect more dogs but what I see round the corner is anything but dogs... I put my hand onto Jack's mouth as he whimpers. The pale creature with a long thin face turns and looks this way.. it's so damn ugly and scary that I have to force myself not to look away. There's two of them... they are paler than human skin tone but have the shape of a human.. only with longer, thinner legs that are just points at the end.. their faces are like human heads but stretched and black holes in place of eyes.
"Are you hiding in here?" The guy moves closer going around the creatures... I get my gun ready to fire if need be.. I think the creatures hear me load a bullet into the chamber because they both move closer behind the guy.. they then whine kind of like a dog would.
"Get ready to run" I whisper to Jack as I watch the guy reach for the locker door.... as soon as he touches the door I kick it open hard. He flies back then I pull Jack and sprint around the creatures as fast as I can.. we head towards a door.. there's light on the other side. I point the gun behind me and fire 3 times I don't think I hit anything... I full body slam into the door and it opens easily but on the other side is a long steep hill of grass, bushes and rocks... we go tumbling down. I hear gun shots go off from where we were.. we continue tumbling until we settle on a flat rock. I grunt when something hits my stomach.. I see my gun.. it must have tumbled down after I let go.
"You okay?" Jack asks as he pants and gets up... I feel this pain in my side.. I press a hand to it.
"Fuck" I grunt then wince from the pain.
"What's wrong?" Jack crawls over me then moves my hand.. his face drops.. I look at my hand to see blood "you must've got shot"
"Or something stabbed me on the way down" I grunt as I keep pressure on it then I get up "I'm fine" I take my shirt off then I rip a strip of fabric off... I tie it tight around my waist so that there's pressure on the wound "let's go" I pick up the gun then we keep moving.
"I wonder where we are?" Jack asks.
"I don't know but we're not getting out of here easily... why are we here is a better question"
"Maybe he wants to turn us into more of those creatures" I nod. We walk for another 5 minutes or so before we hear more barking "What was that?" Jack asks looking freaked.
"I'm not sure... maybe whatever he did to those people he did to dogs too" I suggest as I reach over absentmindedly and take Jack's hand... I turn to look at him the all of a sudden he collapses "Jack?!" I kneel over him.
-Jack's POV-
My eyes open and I back in Mark's recording room... I look up to see Tyler and Ethan.
"Did you take off my headphones?" I ask.. they look worried and panicked.
"Yeah... what's going on?" Tyler asks.
"We'll explain later" I look at the screen to see Mark hiding from those dogs that were nearby.. I then look at Mark's real body sitting in his chair unconscious... what the fuck is this? It's like the matrix. I then jump as his body start to shake.. I hear screaming coming from his headphones... I look back to the screen to see him getting ripped apart by the dog things. I reach over and pull the headphones off.
-Mark's POV-
My eyes fly open then I fall onto the floor grasping at my next and chest, I gasp and cough then I see Jack crouched over me.
"Mark it's okay.. We're out of there... We're back... it's not real" his hands are on my face... I pant as I can still feel the pain slightly.
"Tyler? Ethan?" I push myself up against the wall... I still hurt where I was hit with the bullet.
"When I went unconscious I was pulled out because they took off my headphones" Jack explains.
"Fuck" I grunt "it still hurts" I lift my shirt then I look to see a purple bruise where I was hit"
"Your neck is bruised badly too"
"Damn.." I sigh as the pain finally goes away.
"Are you going to upload that?" Ethan asks looking at the screen.
"Shit.. I forgot we were recording it" I say as I sit back in my chair "Heh.. well I'm not sure if I am going to upload this.. it might be interesting... if your watching this than I did put it up.. I'm not going to do an outro... bye" I turn off the camera then I get up and head into my room. I lay on my bed for a couple minutes before Jack comes in.. closing the door behind him.
"Tired?"
"More like scarred" I sigh as I feel my bruises "I don't think many people can say I've been ripped to shreds by mutant dogs"
"I'm sorry I didn't get you out earlier but I was too busy watching the mechanics of the game.. it's kinda like some matrix type shit" I sit up on the edge of the bed.. Jack sits beside me.. I then reach over and pull him by his waist up onto my lap.. I fit my mouth to his without giving him time to react. When I break the kiss I see him smiling at me.
"If you had done that earlier I would have had to find something to do today then we wouldn't be in this mess" he giggles.. I smirk.
"What would we be doing?" I ask.
"Hmm... I can think of a couple things.. I'm sure there on your mind too"
"Well.. so would you like to be my boyfriend?" I ask.
"Of course I do... after putting you through that I think I owe you" he giggles.
"Well... yes probably" I nod as I remember the pain "actually you owe my for a lot because I got you through it and I had to deal with your whiney ass for almost an hour" I dramatically mention.
"Oh ok"
"No... I'm just kidding.. it was.. kinda fun?" I question myself.
"Whatever.. it's over with... we can forget about it" Jack giggles.
"No.. I can never... EVER... forget about what happened... I'm gonna have nightmares too" I chuckle as he rolls his eyes "I'm kidding"
"It's just a joke bruh" Jack says as he knows where I was gonna take it.
"Ok.. well.." I yawn in mid sentence "I'm gonna sleep now"
"Alright.. sweet dreams" he grins deviously  as he gets up "try not to think of the humanoid creatures" he then turns out the lights.. I open my eyes as those things are all I can think off.
"Fuck"
-The End-