Hide and seek

-Jack's POV-
I open my eyes and I turn around scanning the area for movement.
"Mark! I'm coming to find you!" I yell. Me and my buddy Mark are playing hide and seek.. He came over yesterday and he slept over last night. I moved to America the beginning of this year and he was the only other kid that was like me... He said that he has been at the school since kindergarten and he has only made two friends, Bob and Wade. We are in 3rd grade now and the four of us are really close friends... We always hang out or play games! Anyway back to the game.
I run across the 1 acre back yard and into the shed.
"Are you in here?!" I call out across the medium sized shed. My voice echoes and I don't hear anything but I walk around and look in ever small space. Me and Mark are the smallest in our class and it's a good thing because we can hide easier than others. I don't see him in there so I run out and I look in all of the trees to see if he is up there.... We always climb trees... Even though our parents don't like it.
"Where are you!?"  I call out hoping he would giggle or make noise. I run all the way to the back of the yard where our pond is... We always swim in it.... Our parents don't like that either. I run over onto the bridge and I look into the water.... I don't think he would be in there. I stand there feeling confused.
"Where are you Mark?!" I call out looking around scanning the whole area. I run all the way back up to the house and I go into my room.
"Mark! If your in here... I will kill you!" I say looking around... I then hear giggling from under the bed "Mark I said no inside the house!" I grab Mark's leg and I pull him out. He gets up and tries to run away but I grab him and throw him on my bed.... Then I jump on him.
"Ahhh...... No!" Mark yells as I start to tickle him.
"I said I was gonna kill you!" I say with a devious smile.
"No! I wanna be alive!" Mark says laughing.
"Fine" I say as I stop tickling him. We both just lay there laughing.... Me laying horizontal across him, I look up at him and he smiles, I blush and I get off of him.
"What do we do now?" I ask sitting beside him. We look at each other and he smiles deviously at me.... I get kinda nervous.... What's he planning?
"What?" I ask nervously.
"You'll see" he says to me. I raise an eyebrow at him. Then he leans in and kisses me on the cheek my eyes go wide and my face goes the brightest shade of red. Mark leans back in the bed and looks like he's done that before.
"What does that..... Mean?" I ask feeling very confused. Mark just widens his grin and laughs.... He doesn't say anything. I glare at him then I stand up and walk out of my room.... I go into the bathroom.
"Don't think that way Jack.... It was just a stupid friend thing..... Or he's trying to get a reaction" I whisper to myself and I hit myself in the head on purpose "ow" I take a deep breath and I walk out. When I get back to my room I see Mark sitting on the edge of my bed.... Crying? I close the door behind me.
"What's wrong?" I ask as I sit down beside him.
"I ruined our friendship didn't I?" He says wiping his eyes.
"No... I just... What did that mean?" I ask him.
"I thought it would have been easy to understand...... I like you... More than a friend" he says calming down a little.
"Really?....... Well I kinda do too....But we're 8 years old" I say looking at the ground.
"Does it matter? We don't have to tell anyone" Mark says as he wipes his eyes one one last time. I then lean in and kiss him on the lips.
"Hey it's your turn to hide" Mark says as we part from the kiss. I smile and I run out of my room... Him not far behind... We get to the one big tree that we always start at when playing.
"Ok so no inside" Mark says smiling... We both laugh.
"I won't cheat.....unlike you" I say as I run off and he covers his eyes. I hear him start county so I decide to trick him.... I go right back quietly passed Mark and on the other side of the tree that Mark is at. I cover my mouth so I don't giggle.
"I'm coming!" He yells across the yard...... He runs off over to the shed like I had before. He searches for a good 15 minutes before he yells. "Ok Jack.... I give up!" I giggle and I step out from behind the tree.
"Here I am!" I yell with my arms in the air.
"You weren't there the whole time were you?" He asks walking over to me out of breath.
"Yeah" I say as I start laughing.
"Oh my god" he say falling to the ground "I'm done.... No more running"
"Well to bad" I say as I tag him "tag your it!" I yell as I sprint away from him. I then stop and look at him... He's just getting up.
"Uhhhhh..... Fine" he says as he starts running at me. I stand there for about 10 seconds then I run because he's close..... I head straight for a tree then I start climbing it. Mark is only a little taller than me but that plus the few muscles he has makes him heavier so it takes him longer to get up trees.... I have about the same muscle mass as him but I'm thinner and shorter so I can climb trees really fast. Back to the game.
I get over to the tree and I grip on it then I start climbing... I'm out of reach when Mark gets to the tree.
"Uhhhh..... Why?" He says as he starts his slow climb. I kinda start freaking out when he gets closer because I have no way outta here...... Nice going Jack set yourself up for this one. I then look over to the tree next to me and I stand up on the branch I was sitting on.... One chance make it count.... I get in a jumping position.
"Jack no! Don't! That's dangerous.. You could fall and get hurt!" Mark says to me in a worried tone. I look at him and I climb back down to Mark.... Then we both go back to the ground. Mark hugs me tight.
"No trees" he says to me.... I nod "ok you get a head start... Go"  I start running for 6 seconds before Mark starts running at me.
We play tag for the rest of that day... And...... I gotta say, that day was the best day of my life.