Chapter 60

Phoenix POV
I've been staring at the wall for hours, not to try to sleep, but because Tyler won't leave unless I'm sleeping.
Eventually after hours of staring and breathing slow he leaves, I hear his shoes shuffle down the stairs and the door clicking behind him.
I'm alone, but I don't move.
Instead I carry on staring at the wall in hope that I trick my brain into thinking I'm asleep too, it doesn't work.
Eventually I feel my eyelids flutter, the muscles grow weak, and they close. Darkness.
Although I may just be watching the backs of my eyes, it's peaceful, my brain has shut off for the night.

Suddenly as I feel myself drifting off there's a click, I recognise it, it's the door. I groan at the thought of Tyler checking up on me, but when I listen for the shuffle of his shoes I don't hear it, instead it's a silent thud on the ground and up the stairs.
There's only two other people apart from me and Tyler with keys to the studio, and one of them is my dead mother which is physically impossible so it must mean...

He's here. In my room, he's moving slowly, probably because he thinks I'm asleep... why is he here?
Then in one swift move he's in bed with me.
For a while he just lays there and doesn't move, just listens to my breathing, then slowly he carefully wraps his arms around me...

I don't know how to react, at first I felt as if I wanted to hit him but now that I can feel him it's a different story.
My heart is beating so fast, I can barely hear anything but the loud thumps inside my chest.
You know what fuck it.
He's my boyfriend and I messed up but he's found it in his heart to forgive me because... he loves me.
I think.

I spin round, making him jump and begin to move his arms, I quickly place them back to where they where and wrap my own hands around him. After a few seconds of pure shock his heartbeat slows and he hugs tighter bringing me closer.
I'm hit with a familiar smell of his aftershave, oh how I've missed this.
I rest my head on his chest and fall asleep in his arms.

Sunlight pierces through the window burning my eyelids open, at first I don't remember a thing of last night so I jump up when I see him.
"Woah.. what's wrong?"
He says in a raspy morning voice... I've missed that too.
"Nothing"
I say as my heart calms,
I look down to see him, he's lying there in all his glory, those dark eyes and bright smile could make anyone fall to his knees.
He smirks,
"What?"
I realise I'm staring at him almost drooling,
"Sorry just... why are you here?"
The smirk fades.. he sits upright, unfortunately when the sheets slide off him he's still in his jeans. Damn.
He sighs before cupping my face in his hands, I've also missed that...
"Remember when you found out I wasn't just some ordinary guy.. that I was in fact in a band"
He begins,
"How could I forget.."
I say staring at the folded sheets,
He smiles warmly and pulls me into a hug, I pull him back so we're lying opposite each other.
He stares at me, either in awe or confusion, I can't tell...

"You where saying?"
I break the silence, his eyes dart away as he realises he was staring.
"Sorry... yeah I reminded you of that because it's what made me come back.."
I pause, my brain frantically searching for the answer.
"Why did it make you come back?"
"Because it showed to me that no matter what I am and no matter what I do you will still love me the same"
I smile,
"Isn't that a song..."
He laughs and rolls his eyes as he playfully punches my arm,
"Oh shush you I'm trying to be a cute soppy boyfriend!"
"How very unlike yourself! I must be special!"
I wink to annoy him more, instead he rolls closer and kisses me over and over.
"PETE! You need to finish the story I'm still he confused one here!"
"Oh right yeah.."
He lifts his head and begins once more.
"That made me come back because you forgave me.. most people wouldn't even dream of seeing my face if they where lied to like that.. but you saw through me, you saw how much you meant to me and actually forgave me"
"How does that link to you catching me in bed with Josh.."
The wave of guilt returns as I remind us both of what had happened, he could plainly see my guilt and kisses my forehead to show he's okay with it... why?
"Because I saw... and can see now that you feel so guilty, from what I think, and hope, it was all just an accident and you where just scared because I was in hospital and your mental health isn't up to standard... so I forgive you Tiffany Blew"
My mind instantly screams to me ,TELL HIM IT WAS YOUR IDEA, but this time I choose to ignore it.

Instead I wrap my hands around his neck and pull him even closer,
"What did I do to deserve you bass boy?"
"You believe in me.. and so I believe in you."

After that exchange we both decided to go back to normal,
Back to the smiles,
Back to the laughs,
Back to the love
And most importantly... back to sleeping with no jeans...
A sensation crawls up my spine.. it was as if my feelings for Josh melted away in the heat of the moment.