Chapter 6

Phoenix PoV
I wake up in his arms, the film was rolling through the credits, I listen to the theme tune while snuggling back into Petes chest. I could get used to this. Suddenly the Tv turns off and I pop out of my comfortable place and look up to see him looking down at me, a big smile across his face.
"Good sleep beautiful?" He says in a soft voice, did I mention how much I love his voice?
"Yeah actually it was pretty comfortable" we laugh for a bit but we are interrupted by both our stomachs rumbling,
"I think our stomachs are talking" I say, why am I so weird? He laughs and kisses my head
"Yeah I think I'm gunna need food soon!" He stretches his arms out and then rests them on my waist,
"We should get up" I say stumbling for my balance.

Pete PoV
"Hey we don't have to get up! We can stay here forever and make people slave over us!" I say pulling her back into my arms. She doesn't fight,
"Aww I wish but I don't think my stomach can hold on much longer!"

Once we get up she heads over to a draw filled with leaflets from different takeaway restaurants, she picks up the dominos pizza leaflet and brings it over. And she loves pizza? Pete how the hell have you only just found her?
"So which topping would you like?" She knows that we obviously have the same taste.
"Pepperoni is my go to!" I say
"That's good because I just ordered a large one!"
I've known her exactly 48 hours and she already knows me better than my best friends!?

Phoenix PoV
When the pizza arrives me and Pete run to the door, we push each other out the way and laughing as we stumble! I end up with him giving me a piggy back and when we answer the door I'm still on his back, the pizza guy gives me the pizza and Pete pays, what a gentleman.

I jump off his back and race to the sofa, pizzas still in hand, I can hear him slamming the door shut and running after me.... He suddenly grabs my waist and lifts me into the air..
"Pete I'm gunna drop the precious pizza!!" I scream as he lifts me up,
"Omg I'm so sorry pizza are you ok?!?" He a says while dropping me and grabbing the pizza and dancing around the room pretending the pizza is his baby!

We finish the pizza happily and Pete leaves to put the box in the bin, when he comes back he wraps his arms around me and starts dancing,
"Pete! I've just eaten!" I say as he sways me about
"So?"
"SO do you want me to throw up on you?" I snap at him
"Ooh that would be new.." He says with a smirk and a sparkle in his eye...fuck why is he so hot yet so annoying?
"You should go, it's getting late" I say picking up his shoes, he looks up almost disappointed but he also seems like he understands.

As he leaves he grabs my waist and pulls me closer
"Phoenix"
"Yes"
"Can you do me one favour?"
"Yes.." He's confusing me now
"Promise me that you will trust me? What ever happens?"
Now I'm worried..
"Peter wentz, I promise to trust you what ever happens" I say in my rubbish English accent.

Pete PoV
I don't know why but I felt I had to hear her say she trusts me, it felt good hearing her say it.
I smiled at her because she looked worried, I don't blame her, I'm worried too. Tell her, tell her your in a big band now instead of just hiding it! Stop hiding Pete! I'm thinking this as she gazes into my eyes with a confused look.
"Are you ok?" She asks with an actual look of worry in her face,
"Yeah! I'm awesome!" I grin and pull her closer, the kiss had more meaning to it this time... I had to say goodbye.

I was still waving as I got in the car, then she shut the studio door. How could I possibly miss her already? I think to myself, the car journey wasn't very long and when I put my keys in the door Patrick had already opened it.
"It's pretty late" he says grinning.
"Yeah I guess" I hadn't even looked at the time since I left this morning, 12:30am, damn.

Patrick follows me into the kitchen and asks all about it, he seems very interested...
"SOO did you do it?" He asks giggling to himself.
"What why would we do that on the first date?" I say with a fake shocked look,
"Because your Pete wentz from fall out boy" he says with a grin...
"You haven't told her have you! You never did!" He's getting annoyed, I can tell.
"Yeah well I was going to but-"he cuts me off
"But you decided to take advantage of the fact that she doesn't know you existed?!?" He's shouting now, with a red face.
"No! It's not like that at all!" I start shouting
"Oh REALLY what's it about then?!" He's pushing me.
"YEAH it's about the fact that when I'm with her I feel like it's an escape from my other life"
"Pete you've only known her for two days" he pushed it.
"YES BUT ITS LIKE SHES THE ONLY PERSON WHO CARES AND NOT BECAUSE IM IN THIS BIG BAND NO SHE LIKES ME FOR ME! UNLIKE EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS WORLD! I DONT CARE IF IVE ONLY KNOWN HER FOR TWO FUCKING DAYS I FEEL LIKE IVE KNOWN HER FOR YEARS! I LOVE HER!" Oh shit. I did not just say that.
"You what?!?" He says
I grab some beer out of the fridge and storm up to my room, I slam the door so hard it sounded like the apartment was going to fall off its foundations, nice one Pete you woke up the guys and the rest of Chicago.

I jump onto the window seat and watch the city fall asleep, I think about her, about her hair, her eyes, her voice. I call the manager and it goes straight to voice mail, it is 1am for god sake why would he be up? I leave a voice message telling him about Phoenix band, and her voice, I tell him to have a listen to one of their YouTube covers. He won't but I leave the message anyway.

Phoenix PoV
I decide to stay in the studio over night, it's comfortable there and it doesn't have my mum there, if I turned up at 1am I wouldn't be able to see the light of day again. So I text her where I'm staying and turn off my phone, I go upstairs and sit on the window seat and watch the city go to sleep. I think about him.