Chapter Thirty-Nine

Audrey

"Another way to perfect pronunciation in a student is to focus on teaching them phonetics," my lecturer explained. "You can find tables of them on the internet which give you an idea about how to pronounce sounds in any language."

I wrote down phonetics and circled it, writing a note in the margin to look it up later.

"Okay, that's all I have for this week's lecture. Make sure you fill out your workbook for week ten and submit it on the drop box by midnight, Friday. Don't forget, in week thirteen you must print out the whole workbook and submit a hardcopy. Have a great lecture recess."

I walked out of the classroom and a fellow peer snuck up next to me.

"So weird that lecture recess is this late," she commented.

"They do that sometimes. It only ever happens in second semester though. At the same time, when everything is due in week thirteen, it is quite helpful to get everything done."

"That's true. Where are you planning on teaching?"

"I'm moving to Korea, Seoul. Hopefully I will work in a high school. If not, I'll do private lessons."

She nodded her head. "I want to go to France."

"Oh that's nice."

"Why Korea?"

"Well... I studied there in my last year of university."

"Did you? Why?"

"I didn't like it here anymore and wanted to escape."

"So you loved it so much you decided to go back?"

A smile spread across my face. "Something like that. I have someone waiting for me over there."

"Ooo! A man?"

I nodded. "My fiancé."

"Fiance? Wow! Well, I wish you have a great marriage. See you after lecture recess."

"Yeah, see you then. Hey, what was your name again?"

"Hannah."

"That's right. I'm Audrey. See you in two weeks, Hannah."

I slipped my books into my bag and headed off to my car.

Eight months had passed since I saw Joon Soo back in February. With three weeks of my degree to go, and two weeks of exams, I was looking forward to going back to see him again. I had promised my parents I'd stay for one last Christmas with them as their daughter. I had also promised to return some years for Christmas with Joon Soo as well.

Two and a half months until I'm back in his arms.

Over the past semester, our talking had become less frequent. My nose was always in my books as I tried to ensure I got everything right, not wanting to repeat any subjects and prolong my return. Joon Soo's work became more hectic as Jang Eun Young stepped up as CEO of the company after her father's death, and Joon Soo became editor in chief. However, we still made time for each other every Sunday night.

*

I sat down in front of my laptop with my dinner and logged into Skype.

I brought my drink to my lips when a skype call suddenly sounded from my computer, causing me to choke. I accepted the call, yet kept coughing.

Start Againजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें