Chapter Thirty-Three

Audrey

"Come on, Audrey. Out with it. What's wrong?" Hye Ri pestered me for the millionth time.

I shook my head. I couldn't tell her. What if this was just another silly fight? I didn't want to drag her into this again.

"Audrey. Please."

I ducked my head between my legs to avoid her piercing gaze.

Her hand gently touched my arm. "How can you overcome this and find the best solution if you don't talk to me? Do you not consider me a friend?"

She got me. I released my grip around my legs and reluctantly met her tender eyes. The moment I saw her look of concern, I felt my eyes begin to sting and my bottom lip quiver. "Joon Soo and I had a fight."

"Really? Already? What's wrong? You guys were fine last time I checked."

"Well, something happened and I needed to talk to him, but he was too busy at work, and then when he finally had time to talk to me, he didn't want to so... I snapped and broke up with him."

A sigh escaped Hye Ri's mouth. She got up from her crouching position beside my bed, and sat down next to me. "If he's busy then you have to be patient. It's not easy getting into professional businesses."

"But it was really urgent."

"You could have spoken to me."

I shook my head. "He needed to be the first to know."

She pulled back and looked at me reapproachfully. "Why? Why must he be the first?"

"Because it involves him."

"What? Did you cheat on him?"

"Oh definitely not."

"Did someone confess to you?" She gasped. "Was it Suk Do Yun?"

"Oh no, definitely not. We're just friends. He picked me up after our fight, actually."

"Then what is it Audrey?"

"Promise you won't get mad?"

"Why would I get mad?"

"Give me your phone."

"Why?"

"Because you will call Joon Soo and pester him about it."

"What on earth is so bad that you're reacting like this?"

I held my hand out extended and indicated for her to give me the phone. I sat in silence until she finally placed the metal object in my hand. I immediately hid it under me. "Stay calm," I warned.

"Come on. Tell me. I won't get mad, I promise."

*

I was trying to grab the phone out of Hye Ri's hand as she dialled his number. I wasn't quick enough to stop her from getting it back off me.

"Park Joon Soo!" she screamed.

"Give me the phone, Hye Ri. It's okay. Don't bother him. I'll deal with this on my own. We will deal with this." But my attempts were useless.

"You had sex with Audrey? After being together for only two months? What's your problem? Do you have no morals? What would your mother think?" Hye Ri demanded of him.