Chapter Thirty-Two

Joon Soo

I hadn't heard from Audrey since the fight three days ago. Jang Eun Young decide to return early from her trip, taking a lot of my workload back off me. She acted more professional towards me, thankfully, which put me at ease. I still had to attend meetings on her behalf and approve the ideas as her 'punishment', but I had finally freed up.

"Good morning, team," I said as I entered the meeting room.

"She still has you doing her jobs?" Oh Na Ree asked.

"Not all, thankfully."

"How's your girlfriend?" another reporter asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Jang Eun Young taunted her a bit whilst you went to the bathroom."

"Really?"

They all nodded in unison.

I let out a sigh. Maybe that's why Audrey was on edge yesterday. But she knew what my boss was like. Would she really fight with me over that?

"She's really pretty," Oh Na Ree commented.

"She is, isn't she?" I asked, rhetorically.

"She's a Westerner though," another reporter commented.

"What's the problem with that?"

He shrugged. "I mean, women often get with Westerners, but it's weird for men. Also, how can it last unless you marry her? Is she working here? Does she have a valid visa?"

"Let's get on with the meeting," I said, putting them to a silence. "My personal life is not of your concern. Ahn Dan Woo, what articles have you found for the paper?"

A loud ruckus sounded from the newsroom. We all turned to look for the source of the noise.

"Where is he?" Suk Do Yun shouted.

My eyes widened. "I'll be right back," I said to the team. I walked out of the meeting room into the newsroom. "Why are you here causing such a commotion, kid?"

He stormed at me with fury in his eyes. "How could you do this to her?"

"Do what?"

"Do you really think she deserves to be treated this way? After everything that last jerk did to her? Do you not care for her at all?"

"My and Audrey's relationship is not of your concern."

"What relationship? You two are over."

"Over? No we aren't. We just had a fight."

He folded his arms over his chest, a smug smile spreading across his face. "Well, she's announced that you two are over."

I shook my head. "She's overreacting."

Before I could stop him, his hand flew forward and grabbed me by the scuff of my collar. "She is not overreacting. Is your career really more important than her? If so, you don't deserve her."

"Suk Do Yun, let me go. Let's talk about this outside. Don't create a scene."

He released me and stormed out of the room. I followed him out.

*

We were on the rooftop. Suk Do Yun was staring out at the horizon whilst I watched him calm his nerves.