Chapter Ten

Joon Soo

When I awoke Wednesday morning I knew I had a busy day ahead of me. As I showered and dressed for work I planned out my day. This morning I would edit my articles, then before lunch I will call Baek Hu to see if he's up for seeing a movie tonight, then afterwards I had to bring the completed magazine to Kim Eum Shim for proofing.

But as I was heading out the door, my sister calling after my stopped me in my tracks.

"Joon Soo," she puffed as she caught up to me.

I was just about to get in my car. "What?"

"I need you to do me favour."

"I seem to be doing a lot of those for you lately. What is it?"

"Well, Seok asked me to the fireworks festival and there is no way eomma would let me go if I told her I was going with a boy, so... I mean, I guess you're already going with Audrey so it's not too much of a lie—"

"I'm not going with Audrey."

"Why not? She hasn't seen one before."

I shrugged. "Didn't think of it."

"You know, oppa, sometimes you really are an idiot. Festivals are the best way to see Korean culture! You better ask her!"

Ji Soo was right. Why hadn't I thought of it before? "Okay, I will. Thanks for the idea, Ji Soo."

"If you're really thankful you will cover me." She grinned at me and batted her eyelashes.

"Alright. I will."

"Gamsa, Joon Soo!" And with that she took off down the street in the direction of her school.

I added in my plan today to go see Audrey. For some reason my stomach started to feel odd. It was as if someone was tickling me from the inside. Am I getting sick? I shook my head. It's probably nothing.

*

After hitting okay, I stretched back in my chair and heaved a sigh of relief. The first magazine was printing. Then all I'd have to do is get Kim Eum Shim's approval and it would be ready to be distributed.

Once the printing job had finished, I bundled the pieces of paper together and neatly placed them in my laptop bag.

I still had to go see Audrey about the fireworks festival. I could have texted her, but the thought of seeing her smile seemed better to me. An image of Audrey's happy face flashed through my mind. Shaking my head, I got up from my seat. Why was I thinking about her smile? It's just because you're worried she's sad again, my brain told me. My brain was right. What other reason could there be?

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialled Baek Hu's number.

"What's up?" he asked.

"Are you busy tonight?"

"Not at all. Why? You want to hang out?"

"Our favourite director's new movie is out today. Want to see it?"

The line went quiet.

"Baek Hu? You still there? Ryu Baek Hu?"

"Don't get me wrong, I really like his work, but there is no way I'm going with another man to see romance movie. I wouldn't even go see it with my girlfriend... Okay, I probably would because she can make me do anything, but no. Not with a guy."