Chapter Fifteen

Audrey

The light was dim enough that I could look out the window and bask in the Seoul skyline. The city was dark, yet was full of life, lit by street lights and skyscrapers. Joon Soo sat across from me, his head resting on his hands as he stared at me.

            "Thank you so much for today. I've had fun," I said to him. We were waiting for our food to arrive.

            "Thank you for coming. I've loved spending the day with you. It's been great."

            I smiled at him and he smiled back.

            When we finished dinner, we exited the N Seoul Tower and began walking back to the car. The night had a cool breeze. Joon Soo could tell I was cold so he slipped off his jacket and put it around me. We had trouble parking earlier so there was a fare bit to walk.

Suddenly, Joon Soo's warm fingers weaved between mine and we came to a stop. I looked over at him and he at me.

I looked down at our entwined hands and then looked back at Joon Soo. "Why—" I began to say, but he silenced me by pressing his mouth to mine.

When he pulled back, he stared me in the eyes for a while before he said, "I like you Audrey Jones. I want us to start dating."

Tears welled in my eyes. "Oh Joon Soo, I would love nothing more—"

"What do we have here?" a voice cut me off.

We both turned around. My eyes locked on a familiar green pair of eyes. His blonde hair had grown out slightly and was just shy of his eyebrows. "Adam," I whispered.

"Adam?" Joon Soo asked. "Who's Adam? Do you know this guy, Audrey?"

"Moved on already?" Adam asked.

Tears welled in my eyes again, but this time not out of happiness. "What do you care?" I said in English.

"What's going on?" Joon Soo asked me, but I didn't reply.

"I thought you said you'd always love me."

"I thought you said I mattered to you," I spat back at Adam.

He started laughing.

"Audrey what's happening?" Joon Soo asked me. "Who is this person?"

"She never told you about me?" Adam asked in Korean.

Since when did Adam speak Korean?

"No," Joon Soo said.

"I'm her ex-boyfriend. Her first love. The first person she had sex with. The person she can never let go. The person who knocked her—"

"That's enough, Adam!" I shouted, tears spilling out of my eyes.

His gaze snapped back to me as he cocked his head to the side. "So you're dating a guy without telling him your little secret? How would Joon Soo feel about what we did? About what happened to you? About what you did after that?"

"Don't. Please." How did Adam know Joon Soo's name?

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Joon Soo, let me tell you about Audrey's little secret. The real reason we broke up," he said again in Korean. "Do you know what happens when two people get intimate but don't use protection?"

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Adam no!" I couldn't let Joon Soo hear this from Adam's mouth. It was something I have to tell him. What if Joon Soo hated me for this? What if he hated the idea of what happened? What if he couldn't live with that? Would he leave me?