Here Comes My Doom, There Goes My Pride

You stared at the little origami swan you had made and sighed.

Birthdays sucked when your mother wasn't around. Luckily, no one knew it was your birthday, and you intended to keep it that way.

Singing Happy Birthday silently in your room, your eyes began to water.

(Hearing Sebastian sing his own version of Happy Birthday on the OVA got me squealing in 1,530 languages like OMG)

But you put on a façade smile and stared outside, pretty much crumbling up your well-made swan.

~Sorry, but I'm time skippedy doo~

You stared at your food, barely touching it. Ciel noticed this.

(Of course, he always notices the small things but he didn't even notice the stack of cards Sebastian made you drop -_-)

"___, is something the matter?" Ciel asked, making you stop picking your food and look at the bluenette. You smiled.

"I'm doing okay, thanks for asking."

[Your POV] (yes, that is correct.)

I didn't want to lie to him. But this was something Ciel didn't really need to know nor get caught in.

Hopefully he doesn't know I'm lying to him.

[Ciel's POV] (Why do I hate myself so much?)

I know she's lying to me.

(You saw where I went with that, right?)

Yet I can't understand why. What is ____ hiding? I know she's unhappy, but why can't she tell me about it?

[Sebastian's POV] (I swear it's good this time!)

I see the young Lord staring at _____ quite suspiciously. Little does he know that she's gone depressive and maybe even suicidal.

Even better, her act is so impressive and her façade is so realistic and adequate, she could fool everyone like Grell Sutcliff did.

Still, I owe the (hair color)ette a lot for getting a cat.

Now, I truly am happy.

[Normal POV]

You went into your room and sighed unhappily, not wanting to think of anything.

~9:58~

You tossed and turned as if you were in a sea, your groans and pleas refusing to stop as nightmare after nightmare after nightmare replayed in your head again and again.

Finally, you woke up, dry tears on your pillow and on your face. You quickly and hastily wiped them away.

"Stop being so pathetic, _____," you told yourself. You knew what needed to be done. It just had to.