Chapter 1 - In the Beginning

Author's Note: Hi, this is my first story, and please note that there are possible trigger warnings: mentions of child abuse, torture, and brief mentions of rape, however nothing is detailed. Be warned and read at your own risk. Thank you. Also, any critiquing is welcomed. I'm trying to improve the quality of my writing in general.

Editor's Note: Hi, this is the author back again to edit my old (finished) stories, finish my old (unfinished [abandoned temporarily]) stories, and (hopefully) write some new stories (hopefully)! Everything will be cross-posted on Ao3 because I prefer that platform. I'm going to leave in all of my old notes because I think they're cringey and hilarious. These will also be cringey and hilarious as need be. Check out my bio and links to find out where to harass me (like my new Redbubble store! Hooray for pride merch!)

Forms of Speech:

"Kurama speaking."

'Kurama thinking (this won't happen very often).'

"Naruto signing, as in sign-language, yes."

"People speaking (Ha, I almost typed "Naruto speaking" ha. He doesn't do that much, if you can't tell by the aforementioned format.)"

'People thinking (Usually going to be Naruto, just saying.)'

This is the only time that I'll tell you this information, so please try to keep it in mind. I will try to specify these things from time to time in text.

Onto the summary~ Sorry for being annoying~~~~

Naruto Uzumaki. When you hear that name, what do you think of? Probably a blond haired, blue eyed, ecstatic, trouble-making kid that has no business being a ninja.

Kitsune-sama is the commander of the ANBU, holding more power over the ANBU than the Hokage himself. "He's just a kid," most say when first meeting him. Well, don't ever call him that to his face, or he'll kick your ass. Most of the ANBU ended up learning sign language to help their taichou, seeing as he's mute. Both mute and blind, it isn't a very good combination. It's imperative that ANBU shinobi understand the orders Kitsune-sama signs at them. Nonetheless, he's just a kid, and already he's the strongest ANBU in all of history.

There's so much of a difference between them, nobody would ever expect that they're actually the same person.

Namikaze-Uzumaki Naruto, Naruto Uzumaki, Kitsune-sama, they are all one and the same. What would change in his life if he had been taught from a young age by a handful of ANBU and if he had met the Nine-Tails at age four? What would happen if he had met Jiraiya and Tsunade after nearly dying at age four, after the same event that lead him to meet Kurama?

What happens when Kitsune goes undercover into the academy the morning after the Uchiha Massacre? Why did he go undercover? To protect Uchiha Sasuke.

Edited 12-15-2020