Chapter 17

It was about two weeks later on sunday. Louis was at his mum's where they were eating lunch together. It was a rare thing for them all to eat together, but it was nice even if it was a bit loud.

"You look different." Phoebe observed.

"Yeah." Jay, their mum, turned to him, "You're glowing, young man. A pretty lady sparking your interest? Girlfriend?"

Louis blushed, "No!"

"Awww, he's blushing. Who is it?" Lottie asked exitedly, always one for gossip.

Everyone's attention was now on Louis, who rolled his eyes, "There is no girl." He exclaimed. He wasn't lying.

"Is there not?" Lottie asked teasingly.

"But something happened." Jay inquired.

"Harry says I'm always looking good." Louis defended.

"Who's Harry?" Jay asked.

"Yeah." Fizzy grinned, a knowing glint in her eyes, "You talk about him awfully often when we are texting." Fizzy was probably the closest to Louis out of his siblings since him and Lottie fought easily, so the younger was the only one he texted regularly.

Louis felt his cheeks grow hot, "He... Harry's, he's my-..." He really didn't want to say friend, but should he just say it? Like, boyfriend?

Fortunately for him his phone rang at the very second so he pulled it out of his pocket. A bright smile spread across his face when he saw the display. "Sorry, I have to get that." Louis stood up from the table to go to the living room before picking up. "Harry!"

"Hey Lou. What happened?" He heard the deep smooth voice of the boy he fell for.

"Why do you think something happened?"

"You sound overly excited, like... you're trying to concil something."

"Err..." Louis was taken aback by how good Harry knew him. It made his heart flutter. "I was really happy talking to you." Louis ended up saying, "But you're kind of right. I needed to get away from my family."

"Oh right, you're at your mum's. I'm sorry. I forgot."

"No, no, It's okay. Good even. They thought I had a girlfriend." Louis laughed.

Harry joined, "What did you say?"

"That I haven't got a girlfriend, obviously." Louis sassed.

"Oh really?" Harry asked sacastically, "Seriously though, When are you going to tell them? It's your family, Lou. They deserve to know." His tone wasn't rude or impatient, just curious and encouraging. When Louis stayed silent Harry continued, "Calum already knows and he was so happy for you, remember?"

"Yeah, I just, I-... I don't know how." Louis said. He could almost hear Harry's fond smile.

"It's okay. Nothing pressures you, I promise. Just do it when it feels right."

"I love you." As soon as the words slipped out Louis' eyes widened. He didn't mean to say that now. It wasn't that he regretted it or that it felt wrong. It just slipped so natural, everything with Harry was so natural and comfortable but still, Louis paniced. Harry probably wasn't ready. The silence on the other side of the line made Louis feel even more uneasy, "Shit, sorry. Harry, I- I didn't mean to, sorry. Please don't go. I-..."

"Hey," Harry interrupted his boyfriend softly. "Me too... I mean, I love you too."

Louis let out a breath of relief and smiled so hard his face might split. "Can you help me? Come out to my family, I mean."