Chapter 15

Harry woke up to banging on his door. "Harry make yourself presentable. You have a visitor." His mum shouted.

Harry groaned but opened his eyes and looked at the alarmclock on his nightstand... half past seven. Why would he have a visitor at seven thirty in the morning on a saturday? He knew his mum had to go to work but...-

"Harry, hurry! I'm off to work. Don't let him wait too long." His mum shouted through the house and he heard the front door shut.

Harry made quick work on taming his curls and putting on some sweatshirt and jeans. Then he put some sugarfree gum into his mouth against his morning breath. Assuming the visitor was in the living room he hurried down the stairs. "Sorry. I was still sleep-..." Harry began, but cut himself off as soon as he saw him.

He stood up as soon as Harry stepped into the room, holding a boquette of  colourful flowers, he looked so fucking adorably nervous.

"Louis." He came closer to Harry and held out the flowers for him. "They're beautiful. But, why?" Fear was evident in his voice. Louis could either say sorry and that he still wants to be with him or he could say sorry but he doesn't want to be with him.

Louis laid the flowers next to them on the small table before he pulled the younger boy into a tight hug. "I'm so sorry."

Harry took a deep breath, "It's okay, but please don't let what happened get between us. I can still be your friend. Please Lou, I-..."

"No!" Louis interrupted and pulled back. But as soon as he saw Harrys' hurt expression he quickly added, "I mean, I'm sorry for... for being an idiot."

Harry let out a breathy laugh, sounding relieved, "So you... you didn't want to be with Eleanor?"

Louis shook his head, "No, gosh, no! I'm gay, remember?"

Harry looked into his eyes and saw how sincere Louis was, how much he meant it and it took everything for him not to lean forward and close the small distance between their faces. But he was still confused and hurt, "So why did you do it? Avoid me, I mean."

Louis looked down to where their chests were mere inches apart, away from Harrys' eyes. "I paniced. In the dance class, I mean... I, I just found out two weeks prior and I already come out and have a boyfriend?" He tightened his grip on Harry like he was afraid that he would leave. "I mean, I just... I wasn't sure if I was ready to come out."

Harry nodded slowly, "Why didn't you tell me? I would have understood."

Louis laughed breathy, "As you said, I'm an idiot."

"Okay, but why didn't you answer my calls?" Harry asked, looking at Louis' feathery hair since he still wouldn't look up at him.

Louis took a deep breath but didn't loosen his grip on Harry. The taller squeezed his waist, reassuring him that he wouldn't leave and encouraging him to go on. "After you... you were so angry and I thought you wouldn't want to put up with me now. I thought I'd give you space and, and... I-, you... I was afraid what would happen when I would pick up your call, and I just... I guess I tend to not deal with my problems." He laughed humourlessly, "My mum hated me for that."

Harry put a finger under Louis' chin and lifted his face so he was finally able to see the gorgous blue eyes that he missed so dearly and which now were filled with regret and uncertainity. He leaned down and covered his lips with his own. Louis made a surprised sound in the back of his throat but let his eyes flutter shut kissing back. Their lips moved together slowly, relishing the feeling of warmth and just each other.

Louis was the one pulling back after a few seconds. "So you forgive me? You're not mad?"

Harry sighed and smiled softly, caressing the older boys' cheek, "This is only the beginning of... err, this. Us. And I can't stay mad at something you didn't know better. And... I really want this to work."