Seventy Two

{edited}

May POV

It's Monday morning and the house is silent. Everyone eats their breakfast in silence. I just eat my granola bar and try to think of something to to distract my mind.

"May." My Mothers voice states. "Are you coming home directly after school?"

"I don't know, why?" I ask. I feel more at home at Harry's house than my own, that says something.

"Your father and I would like to talk to you."

"Or do you mean Uncle?" I remark. I throw out my wrapper and see everyone is silent and still.

My mother clears her throat. "Who told you?"

"Does it matter?" I ask.

"You couldn't even let us explain."

"I'm not i-interrupting you am I?" I ask curiously. My mother remains silent. "I-I got to get to s-school."

"Will you be home after?"

"At some point." I mutter. I leave after.

***

I regret eating that granola bar. My stomach is twisting so much at the thought of sitting down and letting them explain why they hate me.

I look up and see Harry walk to where I am. He sits across from me. "Hey." He offers.

"Hi." I mutter.

"I just wanted to see how you're doing."

"They want to talk to me after school." I say. "I feel weird saying the word parents now." I mumble. His hand rests on my knee.

"At least they want to talk to you."

"Hm, so I can thoroughly hear why they hate me." His head tilts. "It's true. It's not going to help that I'm going to be stuttering the whole time speaking to them." I sigh.

"I wish I could help." Harry says with a small frown.

"Just letting me vent is enough." I say honestly. "I'm mostly dreading the dinner on Saturday." I say honestly. Harry scrunches his face. "I'm probably just going to stay at Adam's house that weekend."

"You are always welcomed at my house." Harry says with a soft smile. "Even if we're still on that break thing, it doesn't mean that my house isn't somewhere you can hide from your family."

"Thank you." I say honestly.

"Of course."

"I swear if my grandmother is coming down too I'm going to die."

"Your Dad's Mom?" I nod.

"She hates me more than my own Mom." Harry moves closer and wraps his arms around me. I let out a deep breath.

"If it helps I don't hate you." I chuckle. "I love you." I shake my head against him.

"Thanks."

"Of course." He kisses the side of my head.

I want to say it back, but I feel like if I do I'd be connected to him again fully. That we'll go back to normal. I don't know if I'm ready for that. I think us just taking baby steps is good enough.

***

I get home around 3. Sadie's car is in the driveway as well as my mothers and fathers. I use the word father very loosely now.

"May?" My Mom asks while walking down the hallway.

"What?" I ask.

"Can we talk to you now?" I don't reply. I just walk to the dinning room where he is. He meaning...my so called Dad.

I sit across from them and wait for one to speak. "So, you know that uh, Uncle Nick is your biological Dad."

"Yes."

"And you know that," My mother pauses.

"You had an a-affair?" She clears her throat.

"Yes." She sighs. "I'm not proud that I did that, but it happened."

"Does that also mean you're not proud to have me either?" I ask. Her face flushes.

"I didn't say that."

"You're not d-disagreeing a-are you?" I ask.

"May, just listen." Her shoulders shrug. "Nick, didn't want you to go back and forth between houses and feel like you have two families."

"For once, can you just say the truth?" I ask. "Why c-can't you just s-say that he didn't want t-the kid he had with his brothers w-wife? That he didn't want me because I was a mistake that ruined the affair and make you b-both c-come clean about what you did." They don't say anything. "Don't say bullshit like he actually cared."

"He was there when you were born."

"Want a medal? Was he there for any of my birthday parties? Oh wait, I never had any."

My Mother looks away from me. "It's fine, we all know once I go to college y-you won't have to remember me. So, just pre-pretend now that I'm a nobody."

"May-"

"What?" I ask. "Am I wrong?"

"Just because you're not fully related to your father doesn't mean that you're not his." I look at him.

"Do you look at me and see a daughter?" I ask. "You haven't spoken two words s-since we sat down."

"You are my daughter."

"Because you signed the papers and didn't know." I say. "Legally I am your daughter, b-but do you look at me and feel like I'm yours? That I'm your little girl?" His mouth opens to speak but he closes it. "Exactly. Now, you only have another two years until you d-don't have to be re-reminded of me, so I'd rather do that w-without either of you talking to me just because."

"May, I am your mother. Why would I forget about you?" I chuckle.

"Because you're a terrible mother to me. You literally treat me like fucking t-trash because of what you did. But guess what, abortion is legal and you could've gotten one if I would've been a hassle. Do you want a prize for keeping me or something? Because usually you're supposed to love your child no matter what.

But you obviously look at me and don't feel that. I don't give a rats ass if you're technically my parents or not. You both are fucking shit to me. And don't argue that. I really love the thoughtful gift of socks. I can't wear them because they aren't my size though.

You think it's alright for a parent to neglect their child like that? To not at least give them one real present? That's okay? Seriously? It's also okay not to remember their birthday too? When have you said you loved me? Because I don't even remember.

You never say anything nice about me and always feel the need to tell me what I should be, and what I should look like. I'm sorry I can't match your size 2 daughters and I can't be skinny like that or be popular and date a football player." I rant quickly. "So yeah, two years. Because quite frankly I don't want remember either of you." My mother looks at me shocked.

"Anything else?" I ask before leaving.

"Sorry for not making this home loving."

"Uhuh." I stand up and walk away. I close my bedroom door behind myself and lay down. My head is pounding and I just want to be left alone.

A://N

Short chapter but eh

Comment?

Tysm for understanding my last a://n I hope I didn't offend anyone

~lauren