Sixty Eight

{edited}

Harry POV

My eyes slowly open. My vision is a bit blurry then it settles. Where am I?

I sit up on the couch I assume I slept on and look around. Why am I at Sadie's house?

My eye is throbbing and my nose hurts. I remember the fight, and that's about it.

I hear footsteps make their way to where I am. I see it's May. Oh god.

May POV

"How long have you been up?" I ask.

"I uh, just woke up." Harry itches his head. "H-how did I get here last night?" He asks.

"Sadie took you here since you were shit faced." His face heats. "I'll be right back." I walk to the kitchen and grab the first aid kit, medicine, water, and a piece of bread.

I return and place everything on the couch. "You don't need to help me." Harry says.

"You helped me when I was sick, I can at least do the favour back." I say. "Eat the bread. It will absorb some of the alcohol in your stomach." Harry rips up the bread and slowly eats it. He takes the Advil after.

"Does your eye hurt?" I ask.

"I can handle the pain though." I just nod and search the kit for the things I used yesterday.

"So, why have you been having a need to fight people?" I ask curiously. I glance to Harry who is looking at me.

"Because the people I punched deserved it." I look to Harry's knuckles and see they're a bit bruised and cut.

"I'm going to take off the bandage on your nose, okay?" He nods. I do and clean whatever gunk is now formed. It's not as gross as it sounds though.

"Did I say anything last night?"

"Nothing that you wouldn't usually say." I mutter. I dab the towel on his nose and apply pressure. "You know your liver can only process one drink every hour." I say. His eyes meet mine. "That's why people get fatty livers is because they have too many drinks within the hour." I pause. "Sorry, you probably don't even care."

"No, it's interesting actually." It falls silent between us and he makes eye contact with me making my pulse rise.

I put the new bandage on his nose and close the kit. I stand up and put everything back and throw out whatever. I come back to the living room with an ice pack.

"For your eye." I say while giving it to him.

"Thanks." Harry smiles softly. It falls silent between us. "I should probably go anyways. I shouldn't have even been here last night."

"It's fine." I say. "You can become less ew here and leave later, if you want."

"I just think I've over stayed my welcome."

"Can you walk in a straight line?" I ask.

"Huh?"

"Walk in a straight line and you can go." Harry sighs and stands. He looks around for a bit and tries to walk in a straight line. He fails automatically.

"Looks like you're still some-what drunk." I say while standing up.

"I'm already a burden enough. It's fine I'll just try to drive home." Harry itches his head.

"And get into an accident?"

"It's what I probably deserve." He speaks aloud making my eyes turn sad. Harry looks back at me then glances away.

"Just sit down." I say with a sigh. He does and groans. I press the ice against his black eye. "Why won't you tell me about why you've been acting out?" I ask, again.

"It will make it even more awkward between us." Harry mumbles.

"It's always awkward between us." I say. He smiles softly.

"They were saying stuff about you that I didn't like." Harry says. "And that's all I'm saying, because talking about it makes me more annoyed."

I keep quiet and bite my lip. "How've you been?" He asks. I look at him. "Stupid question." I don't respond. "If this is too much for you then I'll just--" I cut him off.

"It's fine, seriously. You're Sadie's best friend, I'm bound to see you at some point."

"I doubt it. She has only spoken to me three times this week." I try not to frown. Harry looks down at his fingers then back up at me.

Silence falls between us. It's tension filled and awkward. I put my hand down from his eye once I started to get tired. Harry's eyes look into mine.

We both kind of just stare at each other; not talking, just looking at each other. His head lowers briefly as well as mine. Our eyes never lose contact.

His forehead is only inches from mine as well as his pink lips. We both move into each other. As he's about to move in I snap back into reality and move away just before his lips touch mine.

His face heats and I bite my lip. "I'm sorry. I-"

"It's fine." I say honestly. He looks sad. If that's even the look on his face.

"May, what are we?" Harry asks. "I'm just in the dark when it comes down to that. Like are we in a relationship? Are we broken up? Are we taking a break?"

"I don't know." I mutter.

"Or do you know, but you just don't want to admit it?" Harry asks. I keep silent. "I'm going to go." He stands.

"You're-" he cuts me off.

"It's hard enough just hearing about you, I can't be in the same room with you and not completely break down. So,"

"Harry-"

"May, can't you see that I hate myself? That I literally can't deal with the fact that I fucked up so badly, you can't even look at me the way you used too. That you want to break up and won't say it. And-" Harry pauses. "And there is nothing I can do to fix anything between us. I can't make you forgive me and I can't make you not hate me." My eyes soften.

"I don't hate you, I just-" I sigh. "I don't know what to do. This isn't easy for me."

"It sounds like it." Harry mutters. "Just say it May."

"I'm not going to say it." I mumble.

"Do you want too? Honestly."

"I don't want to break up with you, but I don't know if I can be with you." It looks like I stabbed him because he looks like he wants to cry. And this makes me want to cry.

"Please, May."

"I've given you so many chances Harry."

"I love you so much May. Please." His eyes become glossy. Not even glossy, tears are piling high in his green eyes. "I can't live without you."

"You can." I mutter. "And you will."

"So this is it? We're broken up?"

"Yes." I manage to say. My heart is pounding roughly against my chest and Harry just looks at me. He grabs the car keys resting on the end of the couch and leaves.

A://N

Last chapter for the night

Comment ?

~lauren.