Forty Four

{edited}

May POV

As you can expect the next day of school I was dreading.

Adam's locker is right next to mine.

We both unpack our book bags in awkward silence. I pull out my phone and see a text from Harry.

Harry: are you guys talking?

Me: ofc not

Harry: :(

Harry: I'm sorry

Me: thanks :/

I lock my phone and put it in my pocket. I look up and see Adam glance toward me. I look away and grab my binder.

"Hey." A voice says. It's Ronnie and she's on Adam's side. They begin to chat, and I feel like dying.

I close my locker and walk away. I sit in my homeroom, bored. The bell doesn't ring for another 20 minutes. I tap my nails on the desk and pull out my phone.

I begin to play piano tiles since that's the only thing I can do. I have no friends, literally.

I wanna do online school. I just want to be left alone and not have to worry about anyone talking about me.

I get up from my desk and head to the office to grab a paper on that.

~

I open my locker and put the paper about online in there. "Online school?" Adam asks me. I glare toward him.

"Yeah." I close my locker and walk back to homeroom. I sit down and resume playing on my phone.

***

I get home to chatter being made in the living room. I see Sadie on the couch with Harry and her two friends that I don't know the names of.

The have their textbooks and binders scattered everywhere.

I head to the kitchen to grab a water. I head upstairs after that.

Harry: you ok?

Me: ig , why?

Harry: just making sure all is well

Me: nothing is ever well with me

Harry: :(

I lock my phone and walk to my dresser to change out of jeans. I open the top drawer and have nothing but boy shorts. I huff and change into those and put my current clothes in my overflowing laundry basket.

Fuck, that's what I forgot to do. I sigh and grab my basket and head to the laundry room. Sadie's clothes are still in the washer. All I see are thongs I become grossed out.

With the plastic bags hanging above, I use them as gloves and take her stuff and put it into the dryer.

Once I'm done I head back to my room where I see Harry standing. "Hello." I close my door.

"What are you doing up here?" I ask.

"I know you're still sad about the whole Adam thing, so I wanted to be with you."

"There is nothing to be sad about." I say. His eyes meet mine and his eyebrows furrow. "He had every right not to want to be my friend anymore."

"What?"

"I am a prude and a retired old lady who hates everything everyone else does. I'm surprised you even still want to be around me." I say.

"Because I like you. Because I accept who you are and find you absolutely amazing. I don't care that you don't want to talk about sex." I stare at him.