One

{edited}

May POV

"You're such a sloth." I hear a voice growl in my ear. My eyes open and my best friend Adam is hovering over me. "It's literally two in the afternoon. Get your ass up." He throws the blankets off my body.

I'm just confused.

"Nice underwear." He chuckles. He goes in my drawer and throws leggings at me. "We had plans to go out for lunch, remember?"

"Sorry, I forgot to set my alarm." I yawn loudly.

"I can tell." He retorts.

I slip on my leggings and itch my head. "Do I look presentable?" I chuckle.

"No, you look like a crack whore. Run a brush through your hair. C'mon May, leave the house looking less homeless."

Loud laughing comes from downstairs. I roll my eyes. It's either my sister and her best friend, Harry. Or her and her boyfriend Todd. I dislike Todd. Harry never talks to me, so he doesn't bother me.

"Let me go to the bathroom and change." I murmur.

"Girl, really? I'm not going to get a hard on, you know?" I fake laugh.

The laughing is still present from behind my door.

"Better?" I ask Adam who is looking at his phone. He glances up at me.

"It will do." He shrugs. I slip on a jacket and put on my converse. "You know my ex boyfriend Daniel?"

"What about him?" I ask.

"He's dating Kevin."

"Who's Kevin?" I ask. My friend shrugs.

"Never mind. I forgot you live under a rock and don't socialize." His eyes roll. That's true. I hate talking to new people, I start rambling and stuttering. I'm the worst. It doesn't help that I get bullied all the time.

I grab my money and phone and leave my room. Adam is behind me. I see my older sister, Sadie at the bottom of the stairs. Harry is behind her.

"Oh look who finally decided to wake." Her blue eyes widen. I keep quiet. "That shirt makes you look fat by the way." I look down at my shirt. "Or that could just be how you look like normally." She laughs.

"Bitch, you look like hungry hippo. Shut up." I try not to laugh at Adam's comment. Sadie's eyes widen and I bite my lip. "Let's go." He pulls my arm.

"I'm totally dead when I get home." I mutter to him as we are in his car.

"You need to stick up for yourself May. You can't just let her call you fat. You're not."

"Thanks?" I buckle in. He lets out a long, deep breath.

"So, Harry." I roll my eyes. "Still like him?"

"I never liked him."

"You had the biggest girl boner for him since the 7th grade." I scoff.

"All I said, was that he was good looking. He's never talked to me."

"Why don't you talk to him?" I stare at Adam. "Oh yeah, I forgot you'll turn all weird." He giggles. He turns down the block.

"E-even then, I'm May. I'm not popular like him, I-I'm quiet and not like the people he hangs out with. I never drank or smoked either."

"I know, you're the biggest prude around." I nudge Adam who lets out a chuckle. "But, he is really hot."

"And popular."

"That doesn't mean he doesn't have a decent soul."

"All of them are fucking twats anyways. I'll just die alone." Adam shakes his head.

***

I arrive home at 5. My parents are hardly home. My Mom works late hours, and my Dad travels a lot for work.

I head toward the steps and see my sister. Her hair is blonde, but dyed. Her eyes are bright blue, and she's overall beautiful. Her face as well as her body is slim, and she's the most popular girl at our high school. She's one year older then me. I'm a junior.

"Oh look who it is." She says with a grin.

"Just let her be, Sadie." Harry says. His voice is deep and give me shivers.

"If Mom asks, say I'm at Janet's house."

"U-Uh-" She cuts me off.

"U-Uh," She mimics. "Talk like a human."

"Never mind." I mumble harshly. I brush past her and head upstairs.

"That was mean." I hear Harry say behind me.

"Oh well, lets go." I close my bedroom door behind me and lay on my bed, letting out a sigh.

A://N

first chapterrrr

comment??

it will get better i promise :)

~lauren