Sixty Nine

{edited}

May POV

I follow behind Harry. I see he's leaning over the balcony throwing up. I step beside him and take the keys out of his hand. His eyes glance to me.

"I'm not letting you drive." I say.

Harry wipes his mouth and takes a deep breath. "I'm fine, seriously."

"No you're not. You're still drunk. You might not be shit faced but you're still not you." I say. Harry stares at me. His hands grip the rails.

"Can we talk about this?" Harry asks. "Us I mean. We never talked about anything we're feeling and stuff. Can we at least do that?" I nod. "Do you not believe me?"

"Yes and no." I reply. His head tilts. "I don't know what to think about you anymore. I feel like if we kiss or have sex again you'll go right back to Karen."

"I didn't tell Karen that we had sex. I didn't tell her anything about our relationship." Harry states.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner though?" I ask Harry.

"I forgot about it, and I'm behind honest. I just forgot. But I was going to tell you."

"After I slept with you? Don't you think that doesn't help why I don't believe you?"

"I know I fucked up." Harry says. His voice tense. "But I didn't let you lose your virginity to me for the deal with Karen I ended months back."

"Did you remember the bet when we were messing around?"

"The first time, no. Second time, yes." His eyes burn on me.

"Uhuh."

"Why can't you believe me?"

"Because I don't have the best luck with trusting people." I say.

"If I didn't care about you, if I didn't love you why would I even care if you found out? Why would I even want you at all now?"

"I don't know. I'm not the only girl you've made a bet on." I defend.

"You're right. But I've never said I love you to them. I never was loyal to them. I never held any of the girls I made a bet on in the past, and made sure they felt loved. They never met any of my family, and when they found out, I didn't care. I just moved on.

I'm not proud that I did that. I'm not proud that I used them for money. I'm not May. But you aren't one of those girls." I look away from his eyes. "What can I do to make you forgive me? Just say it and I'll do it. But I'm not letting you go." I look back at him. "I don't care what you say you're my girlfriend and I'm not letting this end us."

"I don't want anything from you." I mutter.

"There isn't anything I can do to make you forgive me?"

"You can give me space." I say. His eyes look into mine.

"I'll give you space. Will the space make us better?"

"I already ended us." I say. His eyes roll.

"May, I'm not letting us break up. I will do anything, literally, to make us good." I bite my lip. "Just agree to the break."

"What does the break include?"

"We're together, but we do our own thing. I'll give you your space, and do anything else to make you forgive me."

"Fine."

"I just need to know that this break will make us better. And that this break isn't your way of slowly ending us." His eyes look worried. "You still want me, right? You still deep down love me?" I don't respond with words, I just nod.

"Can you also stop getting into fights?" I ask.

"They're not serious."

"Harry, what if you end up in the hospital? What if you hurt someone so bad they go into the hospital. I just don't like seeing you like that." His mouth opens but I keep talking. "I know you're trying to defend me but I don't want you to be hulk like and hurt people."

"What if they're around you and are bothering you, I can. But not when they're trying to get to me."

"Define bother."

"Say shit like can you do me? Or whatever."

"They just say that because they're assholes though."

"Still, they shouldn't be saying it to you." I stare at him. "But, I'm just saying if one of them touches you, like in the hallway, I will to go ballistic."

"Fine." I compromise.

"Cool." His hand runs through his hair.

A://N

Comment goal: 25?????

Tysm for reading this book. It means a lot

~lauren