Forty Five

{edited}

Harry POV

May is sleeping peacefully.

Her eyes are screwed shut tightly and her head is pressed against me. Her legs and mine are one and she looks peaceful.

It makes me sad that she thinks of herself as a struggle or someone that doesn't deserve anything.

I stroke her brown hair and kiss the top of her head.

The more I've been with May, the less I can stand Sadie. Thats why I left our study session and took the ladder to May's room. I prefer being with her.

She moves a little until her head is next to mine. Her arm is still wrapped around me and everything. I can do this everyday. Just cuddling in bed with her.

One of the things I admire about May is that she doesn't like to party and drink. She doesn't follow the crowd. I like that she's the stay at home type. But, we still go out and do stuff like bowling or ice skating. I much rather have someone like May than someone who parties a lot and drinks.

"Bubbles." May says in her sleep. My eyebrows furrow. "Bubbles are fun." I smile at her and watch her mouth fall back onto one another.

She's perfect. I don't know why she can't see she's fine the way she is. She's stunning overall, has an amazing smile that can make me happy in seconds, she's kind and caring, and her laugh is the best thing in the world. Her lips are always soft and sweet and she stands her ground which I like. I also like how her body fits perfectly in mine as we cuddle.

I kiss her rosy cheeks and close my eyes briefly trying to take a nap.

I hear footsteps come upstairs and my eyes open. "May!" Sadie says loudly. I climb out of bed and lock her door and return back to the mattress. "Don't touch my stuff!" May's eyes open and I stroke her hair. She adjusts herself on me and yawns. I smile gently.

She falls back asleep peacefully. I kiss the top of her head slide off her mattress and walk round her room. By her desk I see some papers pinned to a board. My eyebrows furrow and my eyes scan over the words.

Writing Contest for developing writers:

1st place: May Evans
2nd place: Thomas Hartford
3rd place: Lindsey Oxfordling

Award for May Evans: 5,000 dollars

I look to the girl sleeping on the bed peacefully and smile.

I see other awards she's won. Blue and red ribbons fill the board. One of things was from New York Times. Out of one thousand people who did the writing contest May got first place.

Why didn't she tell me about any of these?

She has some photos of her and Adam on her desk, I smile gently. It's so weird that Adam just dumps her to the side. She's fine the way she is and he was the one understood that.

After snooping around I sit back on the mattress. May is turned over and I play with the ends of her brown hair.

A wave of tiredness hits me. I lay down beside her and close my eyes. I fall asleep shortly after.

May POV

I wake up to a dark room. I sit up briefly and see it's dark out. Harry is sleeping. He's facing me and has his arms crossed over his chest. I pull the blankets over him and kiss his cheek.

"Baby?" Harry croaks in his sleep. My insides tingle.

"Hm?" He opens his arms for me to fit in and I do. I smile gently. "Can you spend the night?" I ask.

"Okay." Harry croaks. His kisses my neck and nuzzles himself into me.

***

Today my history teacher let us out 5 minutes early. I was happy because she's a shit teacher and I hate that class.

I put my binder away and see Adam appear. A smile on his lips. "Ronnie and I are hanging out at my house tomorrow, wanna come?" His voice peppy. My eyebrows furrow.

"No thanks." I decline kindly. I grab my math binder and shut my locker.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to go." I say cooly.

"Did you want to do something else?" He asks.

"No, but uh have fun." I say. His head tilts.

"I said we can be friends still just not best friends."

"G-good to know."

"May c'mon, why can't you understand?"

"Understand that I practically a-annoy you?" I ask. "You don't have to be friends with me because you feel bad, okay? You're o-off the hook."

"I'm not friends with you because I feel bad. We've been friends since we were like six."

"We were best friends since we were like six." I correct. "But things change, right?"

"Don't be petty." Adam huffs.

"I'm agreeing with you. Things do change, in this case people. So, okay. G-go do whatever with Ronnie and Evan."

"And what about you? Then you'll only have Harry."

"You don't have to worry about me." I say. "And I don't want you too. I never did."

"I want to be your friend."

"That's cool." I say. "But you don't have to be because I'll only have Harry."

"May," Adam narrows his eyes at me. "We can still be friends."

"I don't want to be friends." I say. "You're right, we're different and I don't want you to feel like I'm that friend to just hangout with just because." I can't tell what he's thinking. "It was nice being friends with you though." I mumble loudly. I walk away and huff loudly.

A://N

hi

Make sure to leave a vote :)

Comment goal: 15??

~lauren