ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ зз ☛ ʀᴜɴɴᴇʀ.

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ зз ☛ ʀᴜɴɴᴇʀ. 

Staring up at the ceiling, I sighed. 

Once again, they were at it. 

It's like they almost didn't know how to stop. They had been screaming at the top of their lungs at each other for three nights in a row, and it almost becoming something that I could expect almost every night. They argued about the same old, same old, cursing each other out and breaking things. I wondered how they even stayed together up until now. They didn't seem compatible at all, and it made me wonder..had they really loved each other from the start? I couldn't focus at all with this noise, and I could only hope that it would die out soon. 

Their words kind of hurt me, to some extent. I felt as if that they had only stayed together because of me, and now that I was older, they were coming to a breaking point in their marriage. Just when I thought they were making progress, they fall right back down to the bottom. They can't even be int he same room without being at each other's throats. I found it insane how they didn't understand that their arguments were the reason I snuck out of the house all the time. I simply didn't want to be around them with them yelling at each other all the time.

I don't see how Mattie could tolerate them for even an hour.

"So you want to leave, just like that? You're going to leave your own flesh and blood? He's your son! He needs you!" Mom screamed. They were downstairs, but damn, did their voices echo. 

"Don't try to act so high and mighty. You haven't been there for him, just like I haven't! So we're both in the wrong!" 

"But I've been trying to make up for it! You're just running from your problems!"

It was true. Mom has been trying to make up for not spending time with me. She's been so open with me, lately. She's been come interested in what I've wanted to do with my life, and my hobbies. She's even looked at my artwork, and she's told me that she loves it. That's way more than Dad has done my entire life. Sitting up, I got off the bed, grabbing my jacket. Their argument hadn't died down, it seems like it had even gotten louder.

"My only problem is you!"

"So? We have a family, you can't leave your only son! He needs a father figure in his life!" 

"Why don't you get the man you were cheating with to be his father?" 

I shook my head, grabbing a duffle bag from my closet. I opened my drawers, beginning to take clothes out and put them in my bag. Their words echoed in my head, bouncing around as I packed all my necessities. If my parents were going to be arguing like this, I couldn't take it. I hadn't slept in days because of them, and apparently they couldn't see the toll it was taking on me. I was coming to school late, leaving earlier, not doing homework..it was like I simply didn't care anymore. 

I needed to clear my mind. 

Zipping up my bag, I slung it over my shoulder, exiting my room. It was like walking into a war zone. I could hear things being thrown back and forth, insults flying around all over. I was nervous going down, as I was afraid something might take my eye out. They didn't even hear me coming down, screaming so loud at each other. I decided against taking my car, leaving my keys on the table. I opened the side door, exiting out the house and closing it behind me. 

For a while..I was just walking. I didn't have any idea where I was going, or where I wanted to go. I eventually did think of where I could stay, without having to be so stressed. Monroe. I wasn't sure if she would be up at this hour, but I just needed a place to rest. I know that she would worry about me not telling my parents where I went, but hell, she would just have to deal with it. Crossing over into the Wilt side, a creepy feeling came over me. I had never really been over here at night, and the vibe it gave me was beyond creepy. There was barely any street lights, and the ones the worked didn't provide enough light. I looked over my shoulder, sighing.

Maybe I'm just overly exaggerating things. 

I soon reached Monroe's home, and I knocked on the door, waiting for someone to answer. I felt something rubbing up against my leg, and looking down, it was Smokey, her cat. I knocked on the door again, Smokey still rubbing up against my legs like I was some tree. He's very affectionate, I'll give him that. The door began to open, Monroe peering through the crack in the door at me. "Josiah? What are you doing here?" she asked me, quietly. She opened up the door some more, and getting a good look at her, she must've been getting ready for bed. She was only wearing a tank top and shorts - which hugged her hips, very well.

"Just let me inside, please?"

"You're going to get me in trouble, J," she told me, and I stepped up on the doorstep, coming face to face with her.

"I'll explain everything to Mary, I swear." She sighed, and stepped aside, letting me walk in. Smokey walked between her legs, going off somewhere in the house. Looking around, I noticed that it was quieter, than normal. "What happened?" she questioned, looking at me as I gave her my attention. "Where is everyone?" I completely avoided her question, and she sighed, crossing her arms over her chest. "Mary took the kids out to go see a few movies," she answered. I nodded, "Well, I just stay here for a day..or two.."

She looked at me like I was crazy. 

"Two days? You have to tell me what's going on!" She yelled. I kissed her forehead, placing my hands on her shoulders. "And I will..just not right now, can we sleep?" She sighed once more, and I went up the stairs, going into her room. I dropped my bag on the floor, taking my shirt off. She came in the room, climbing on the bed. She appeared to have been studying, before I came along. "Science? On a Saturday?" I grinned, picking the book up off her bed. "What else am I supposed to do?" I sat down next to her, flipping through her book. "I don't know, anything but studying." 

"What made you come over here? We didn't have plans," she closed her textbook, picking them up off her bed and placing them on her desk. I laid back, my eyes glued on her as she came back over to the bed. "What do you think?" She frowned, "I thought that they were making progress?" "Well, that went all down the drain. They probably didn't even know that I left." Monroe climbed on top of me, and I smiled, noticing that she was wearing her necklace. I took her hands, sighing. 

"What do you think they're going to do?" she asked, Monroe pushing my hair out of my face.

"I know that they're getting that divorce, for sure."