ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ շ4 ☛ ᴡᴏʀʀɪᴇs. PT 1

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ շ4 ☛ ᴡᴏʀʀɪᴇs.

                  "I'll mend your scars, and you''ll mend mine." 

                                                                    PT 1

Pulling into the garage at home, I cut the engine, grabbing my bag and getting out. I let the garage door down, and pulled out my key, unlocking the door to get in the house. The alarm signaled that I had entered, snd I dropped my keys on the table by the door. 

"Hey, sweetheart!" 

Hearing Mom's voice from the kitchen, I walked towards her, seeing her sitting with Dad, and their business associates, and friends, the Suttons. A few weeks ago they game back from vacation, Brazil, I think. Mom and Dad have been planning to take a vacation, but they're such workaholics that it'll most likely never happen. Mom gave me a smile, and I returned it, running my hands through my afro. "Hi, Mrs. Sutton, Mr. Sutton," I waved to them. They gave me smiles, and I looked away from them. 

I was always uncomfortable around my parent's friends. Especially those business associates that are trying to impress them. They always me ask me personal questions, and try to give me advice. I just choke up and find myself stumbling over my words. So I try my best to avoid these types of situations, and try to be as quiet as I can be when they have company over. "How was school?" Dad asked me, taking a sip of his coffee, looking through his files. I swear..I never want to become this man..too busy with your work to worry about your child. 

Sometimes I wish that they decided to have another child after me, so that I wouldn't be so damn lonely. 

But I have my painting..and Monroe, so I'm perfectly fine. 

"How's your girlfriend doing," Mom took my hand, a small smirk appearing on her face. She was doing this on purpose, mhm. "Girlfriend? Well who is this lucky girl?" Mr. Sutton smiled, chuckling. I nodded, "You know Monroe, right, Mom?" Mom grinned, "Aww, that sweet girl. She's perfect for you, Jo-Jo."

I know.

Looking at the Suttons, they looked very tense. It was like just saying her name was a crime. The smiles on their faces had disappeared, and Mrs. Sutton began playing with her hands. Getting a good look at Mrs. Sutton, it made me realize that they look kind of the similar..their hair and eyes. But I doubt they're related, or know each other in some way. After a while of more awkward small talk, I was finally released and allowed to go upstairs. 

Dropping my things ont he floor, I kicked off my shoes, sighing. Staring at the clutter around my room, I decided that cleaning was to go on my priority list, but that priority list could wait. I was tired, and I just wanted to take a nap. But first, I shower. Taking my shirt and lifting it over my head, I dropped it on the floor, turning the shower on. Turning on my music dock, Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit began to blast from my speakers, and I sung along. 

"Josiah Evan Black, open this door!"

Nearly jumping out of my skin, I turned the music and shower off, and made my way towards the door. Opening it up, my parents standing at my door, looking very unhappy. I had just gotten home, what could have I possibly done in a matter of thirty minutes? My father had a deep frown set in his face, and he rubbed his temples. 

"Josiah..who really is Monroe Tucker?" 

I raised an eyebrow, "What are you talking about? You've seen her with your own eyes, she my girl-"

He held up a photo for me, sighing. "Look at this, Josiah." I did as he said, looking at the photo. I took it from his hands, and raised my eyebrows. It was just a picture of a family, at a festival. What did this have to do with Monroe? "Flip it over, honey," Mom said, softly. Doing just that, I read over the words on the back. "The Suttons..Kendra, Timothy and..Monroe." I turned it back over, examining the photo all over again. 

This was indeed, Monroe.

I dropped the photo, my hands starting to tremble. "W-What are you trying to tell me?" My lip quivered, and I felt tears beginning to well up in my eyes. My heart raced, and I felt myself getting hot. 

"We'll be truthful with each other, right?"

"From now on, I'll tell you everything."

Apparently, everything meant leaving important details out. First it was her being a Wilt, now it's her fucking last name. What else was she hiding from me? We've been together for six months, and she's hiding things from me..again. It felt like I was being stabbed. Each time she hid something from me, it was like she was stabbing me, and I had no fucking way to prepare for it. I was hurt. Last time I wasn't so mad..but I wanted to live the rest of my life with her, and she's hiding things, after she told me she wasn't going to do that. 

"Josiah..honey..?" Mom caressed my cheek, but I turned away from her. 

"Just leave me the fuck alone."

I slammed the door, pressing myself against it. Sliding down, I landed on my butt, and I hugged my knees to my chest, the tears in my eyes beginning to fall down my cheeks. My eyes landed on the photo of Monroe and I, at "our" apartment. Her eyes were locked around my waist, her planting a kiss on my cheek. I sighed, and then looked down, towards the photo in my hand. 

She looked about..fourteen?

I remember her telling me that she hated that number. 

I felt so tired. 

I closed my eyes, pulling my bottom lip into my mouth. My whole body felt lifeless, and I curled up on my side, letting the photo drop from my fingers. When I had woken up, sunlight from my windows bathed the creme colored carpet, and the pile of clothes in my desk chair. I rubbed my eyes, shifting my vision towards the clock. 12:32.

I had slept until noon? 

I pulled myself up, rubbing my eyes again. I trudged towards the shower, turning it on. Pulling down my boxers and pants, I stepped into the shower, the warm jets of water soothing my skin. After my quick shower, I brushed my teeth and pulled on a random shirt and sweats. My parents would be at work, so I didn't have to worry about receiving a lecture from them. They'd be too busy to give me one anyway. When I opened my door, Mattie was standing there, her arms crossed over her chest. 

"Boy, do you know- oh..you look sick, Jo-Jo.."

"I'm fine..really.." I lied. I still felt tired, and my side hurt from falling asleep on the floor. She placed her wrinkly hand against my forehead, and I sighed deeply. "Oh..I know what's wrong. It's your pretty little girlfriend.." I looked down at the floor, and she lifted my head. 

"Do you want to talk about this? Or do you want to talk to her?" 

"I want to talk to her."