ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ Ձკ ☛ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅʟʏ.

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ Ձკ ☛ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅʟʏ.

Our Spring Break had drawn to a close, and now we were back in class. A few kids had went to different countries on their break, and some of them had gotten tans, so I barely recognized them. A few people weren't back in town yet, so my classes were quieter than normal. Josiah and I spent almost everyday for those two weeks together, each day doing different things. We went to go look for some furniture for the apartment, but we couldn't agree on anything. I told Mary about Josiah wanting me to move in with him after high school, and she was happy for me. She thought that Josiah and I were so cute together. I wondered how it would turn out. 

I twisted around the pendant on my necklace, tapping my foot. I listened to Mrs. Thompson as she went over the guidelines for our project again, as she said she was switching it up a bit. She had set up the classroom so that we were sitting with your partners, our information that we've collected so far in the middle of our desks. Josiah and I had about five pages of questions answered, one page over what she expected everyone to have. My vision shifted to Josiah, who was drawing on his packet. I couldn't tell what it was, but he looked so intent on doing it. He looked up at me, giving me a soft smile. I returned his soft smile, adjusting the flower in my hair. 

Ever since Josiah and I found the flower, I've been wearing it in my hair. I've gotten tons of complements because of it, even the boys at home complimented me. It was strange, their usually so oblivious to things around them. 

The class erupted into conversations as Mrs. Thompson took the role, and Josiah was suggesting things we could do after school. He was rambling on and on, something he did often. He also talked fast, so it was like I had to take a mental note of what he was saying. "Why don't we just chill at my house? Movie night?" He asked. I shook my head, "I have to watch King today, Mary has to clean a few extra houses." He bit his lip, "How about we watch King together? What could be so hard about watching a little boy?" I giggled, "You forget that there's about nine other kids, as well." 

"Okay class, listen!" 

The class quieted down, and Mrs. Thompson sat on her desk, holding her clipboard in her hands. "Now, I know you all have become accustom to your partners, and some of you..haven't, but I think you'll like this." It seemed like everyone was on the edge of their seats, waiting for her to continue. A smile spread across her face, and I bit my lip. 

"Well, I'm giving you guys, new partners!" 

Groans filled the classroom, and Josiah's eyes widened. "Aw come on.." he groaned. "Come on, guys. This is you last year, here. I want you to make great friends that you keep when you go on to college!" I sighed, deeply. She doesn't understand that it's not easy for everyone to make friends like that. Some of these kids are far too ignorant and conceited to make "friends" with, anyway. She began to call off names, and I bit my lip, my heart racing in my chest. 

"Mackenzie and..Jordan."

Mackenzie absolutely despised Jordan's existence, so I know that's going to be a disaster..

"Tyson, and Lisa."

A cheerleader and an outcast, alright..

"Josiah and Anna."

Two artists; a painter, and a musician. 

Josiah sighed, and Mrs. Thompson checked off names before continuing. I hoped that I wasn't being paired with someone I wouldn't be compatible with. That was a disaster waiting to happen. I'm not as open to people as I should be, I'm far too shy, Josiah says. He's tried to get me to be outgoing at least a little bit, but it never works. I might break out of this shell after high school, but if it doesn't happen, oh well. At least I'm not completely anti-social. Speaking of being anti-social, Joshua's completely broken out of his shell. 

Ever since he's met Macy, suddenly, he's so popular. I think it's his features that reel people in. His date went well with Macy, he even kissed her. He couldn't wait to tell me. He's so sprung over her..I've never really seen him that happy before. They even started a little relationship, and Joshua told me that she's a Wilt, too. Tuning back in to the class, Mrs. Thompson was calling off the last few names. 

"Justin and Micah."

"Timothy and Julie."

I twirled my pencil around, waiting for my name to be called. I actually felt like I was going to a great partner to work with. All the snobs and annoying people had been paired up already, so what did I have to worry about-

"Monroe and..Calvin."

I dropped my pencil, tensing up. I know she didn't..she couldn't. Feeling a pair of eyes on me, I slowly turned my head, my eyes directly locking with Calvin's. My heart dropped to my stomach, and I felt like throwing up. Calvin Jones was my partner. The exact same person who had ruined my life, shattered the confidence I had in myself..was now..he was my now given the oppurtunity to know almost everything about me. 

Josiah noticed how I had tensed up, and followed to where I was looking. Calvin shifted his vision to Josiah, and grimanced. Josiah turned back to me, obviously unamused. His eyes told me that he was demanding to know what was wrong with me, and I knew that I couldn't get around telling him what was up. He had been my boyfriend for about six months, and I could only imagine how upset he would be when I finished telling him that Calvin was my rapist, and now he was living with me. 

I imagined that Josiah would go beserk. I had never seen him mad before, but who knows how angry Josiah can get. I just hope that when he does get mad, he doesn't end up hurting himself or anyone else. 

The bell rang, and I gathered my things, placing my notebook back into my bag. I still couldn't get over how cute the little flowers were. Joshua really did know how to pick out things, for sure. When I stood up, Josiah had taken my hand, holding it in his tightly. He pulled me down the hallway, pushing people aside. He did this all the way until we got outside, away from everyone else.

He let my hand go, running his hands through his afro. He took a deep breath, and looked at me. The look he gave me made me uncomfortable, and I found myself unable to look him in the eye. I felt like I had done something wrong. 

"You mind telling me who the fuck was that?"

The tone of his voice was harsh, demanding to know everything about Calvin, and what connection he had to me. His voice had a hint of desperation in it, and I couldn't find my voice. Josiah had never spoke to me like that before, and it made me feel terrible for not telling him the whole story. I was possibly putting myself in danger being around Calvin, and what if Joshua wasn't there to stop him if he tried it again?

I heard him sigh, and he placed his hands on my waist. "Look at me, baby.." he lifted my head up, pecking my lips gently. "Did Calvin...?" I nodded, and he sighed. "You can't do this project with him, Monroe. You need to tell Mrs. Thomp-" 

"I..I can't! I just want to put this behind me..alright?"

Josiah hugged me, and I wrapped my arms around his waist. "I just don't want him to hurt you anymore..okay? I don't know how I'll react. You're my girlfriend and I want to protect you." I nodded, and he kissed my forehead, adjusting his bag. 

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" 

I nodded, and I watched him enter the building. I decided to wait for Joshua to come out, as he was probably saying good-bye to Macy. I was thinking over what Josiah said. He just wants me to be safe, and what if Calvin does try to rape me again? Maybe I should tell Mrs. Thompson..but would she really believe me? She might just think I'm trying to get out doing the project, using a sick excuse. The door began to open, and I looked up, seeing Calvin standing there. He gave me a soft smile, pushing his dreads back from his face. Calvin tucked his hands in his pockets, kicking his foot slightly. 

"So..why don't we get this project started?" 

~ What do you think Monroe should do? c: