⁶ ⁻ ᵃᵖᵖʳᵉʰᵉⁿˢⁱᵛᵉ.

⁶ ⁻ ᵃᵖᵖʳᵉʰᵉⁿˢⁱᵛᵉ. 

     "I didn't understand how people could be so blind to your beauty. You're gorgeous in my eyes."

My cheek still felt as if it was on fire. Almost scorching hot. She had kissed my cheek, and I swear, my heart almost jumped out of mmy chest and onto the bathroom stall. We had stayed in the bathroom for a while, as the late bell had rang for class. There was no one in the hallway, so one could see us and assume that something was going down in the bathroom. Monroe and I walked as fast as we could to class, and before the door had closed, we slid in. Mrs. Thompson handed us both a packet, that was flipped over to the back. I mentally groaned in my head, as it was so easy to tell what she had in store for us. 

Project.

I didn't mind Mrs. Thompson's projects, execpt for the fact that they were a lot of work. And she wanted effort put into it; she wouldn't accept anything less than an A. I looked away from the window, and caught a breathtaking glimpse of Monroe. God, she looked gorgeous wearing my jacket. It was bit oversized for her, but that made it even better. It hid what was mine; no one needed to see the curve of her waist..no one needed to see anything. She was staring at the packet in her hands, and I looked away quickly before she noticed that I was staring at her. I sighed once more, and pulled a pen out of my bag. Mrs. Thompson closed the door, a huge smile on her face.

"Good afternoon class," she said, her polite smile still on her face.

"Good afternoon," most of the class responded. 

"In each of your hands is a project packet, flipped over onto the back, you can turn it over now," she nodded, prompting everyone to turn it over. In big, beige letters read the words, Comfort Zone. I raised my eyebrows, unaware of what Mrs. Thompson was trying to spring on me, and the rest of the class. Her projects were always creative, and had a little twist to them. They were always fun, no matter how much work you had to do. But, I wasn't so sure about this one. "For this project, you'll be doing exactly the opposite of what these words mean. You'll be pulled out of your little bubbles for this one!" Her excitement dripped from her words. A few people sucked their teeth, and the class erupted into scrambling, a mixture of people complaining and people panicking. I was calm, as it took a lot for someone to bring me out of my "bubble". As long as I wasn't paired with that gorgeous girl, I would be just fine. 

Mrs. Thompson leaned against her desk, and waited for everyone to quiet down before speaking. 

"Don't be like that, you guys," she giggled, "it's not that bad." People in the class still expressed their discomfort, and they were beginning to sound like they needed a hospital. "Anyway, you will be assigned a partner for this project! This will be a year long project, and for three days out of each month, you'll have a chance to come together with your partner and set up your information. But that doesn't mean you can slack off, now! I'll be checking for how far you've come along, randomly. Which means, you must be prepared!"

Prepared was my middle name. I was almost always prepared. 

Hopefully, got paired up with someone would wouldn't send my heart into racing speeds, and make me tumble over my words. Hopefully, I wasn't paired with Monroe. Then I would certainly not be prepared, and this project would be a complete disaster. As soon as she would ask me a question I would melt into a puddle. A puddle that would then be mopped away by the janitors. I just might implode if I was paired with her. 

I tried my best to pay attention as Mrs. Thompson went over the details of the project, managing to write a few things down. Too bad that my heart was beating so loudly my ears, and my hands were sweaty. I kept thinking up terrible possibilities that could happen with whoever my partner was. What if I was paired with Monroe? I think I would have to be sent to the hospital, or a mental asylum, as I would lose my mind. I can barely manage to not look stupid when I'm in front of her for mere minutes. Imagine how stupid I would sound if I had to spend three consecutive days, let alone a whole year.

I swear, this woman had it out for me, really. 

"Brittany and Marley."

 I returned back to reality, just in time to notice that Mrs. Thompson was calling off names. Brittany and Marley were sort of friends, which gave me hope that I would be paired with one of my friends. I looked around, pushing my curls back. There was Jamie, this kid in my keyboarding class..I guess he was alright. There was Carley, Marley's sister, who I think had a small crush on me. I could even be paired up with Monroe's friend, the one who didn't speak. Anything was better than being paired with that beautiful girl.

"Mel and Terrance." 

My hands were shaking terribly. I was screaming on the inside, and if you were observing me, you would think that I was going into a heart attack. It felt like I was, and I hoped that somethinganything would happen to get me out of this class. I lied earlier. Prepared wasn't my middle name, Panic was. I hadn't even had my name called yet, and I was over here shaking like I had Parkinson's. My heart was racing, and I swear, I was about three seconds from exploding into little pieces. Chunks of my body parts were fly everywhere, like if you had tossed confetti into the air. 

Just call my fucking name, get over with it before I piss myself, and I'm the one needing a damned jacket! 

"Justin and Keisha." 

She's trying to torture me. I'll report her to the school board, after I check myself into a mental institution. I would volunteer to be put into the padded room with the strait-jacket if my fucking name wasn't called righ-

I was going to need one if my fucking name didn't get cal-

"Josiah and Monroe." 

BOOM.

I slammed my head down on the desk, clutching my chest tightly. Now my chest was killing me, and I was breathing harshly. I was paired with her. My princess, my beauty, my heart. I was paired with the only girl who was going to poke holes in my precious bubble. My ears were popping, and were soon filled with the sound of the bell ringing. 

"Okay class, I'll finish pairing you up tomorrow, have a nice day!"

Fuck you, bell.

Fuck you.