ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ ƻ9 ☛ ʀᴜɴᴀᴡᴀʏ.

I stared at Calvin and Joshua in disbelief, watching them fill a suitcase with a few clothes from my closets. I was still in shock that they were in my room, and it spiked my curiosity as to how they even found my house. What if we got caught? My parents said that I couldn't associate with any of my friends. I just watched them, and eventually, my suitcase was full. I was surprised that Calvin and Joshua could stand to be in the same room without being at each other's throats, let alone work together. 

"Okay, now we go out the window." 

"What?" I raised my voice, looking at Calvin like he was crazy. He had to be crazy if he thought I was going out my own window. Does he not know that I'm on the fourth floor? He simply chuckled, and opened my window, where the ladder was. Calvin swung my suitcase over the edge, and it dropped down onto the grass, with a thud. "It's not going to be that bad," Joshua smiled. "He's right," Calvin nodded, "I can go down first, and hold the ladder steady while you go down?" I bit my lip, but I soon squealed as Joshua picked me up, swinging me over his shoulder. He began to go down the ladder, and I gulped, afraid that Joshua would drop me going down the ladder. Once he reached the ground, he put me back down on my own two feet.

He held the ladder steady as Calvin came down, and he jumped the rest of the way off. He picked up my suitcase and Joshua leaned down so I could get on his back. Once I did, we were on our way, back home. "King's been crying for you ever since you've left, practically all of us have been going through hell, without you," Joshua told me, looking over his shoulder at me. I sighed, "I'm sorry.." I felt bad. I've had to avoid Joshua in school since I couldn't speak to him, and it made me feel terrible not being with them. They were my family, even if we weren't related by blood. 

I missed them, so much. I couldn't wait to see King. I knew that he would wrap his little arms around my neck and give me one of his big hugs. I relaxed my head on Joshua's shoulder, watching as we passed all by the other homes in the neighborhood. I imagined that it was going to take us a while to get back home, but at least I was content with where I was going; home. We passed by small shops, a few fast food places, which were closing down for the night. There was dozens of cars in the road, and as we went farther east, we saw less..and less cars..until there was none. 

My stomach began to get butterflies, and I excited as I realized that we were coming up on the house, and I couldn't contain myself. Joshua let me down, and ran towards the door, opening it, slowly. I wanted my return to be quiet. I could hear King practically screaming, and Kai trying to comfort him. He kept screaming though, and I heard Mary's voice, "Give him to me, let me see if I can calm him.." Her voice sounded tired, stressed out. 

I walked in, towards the kitchen, slowly. King's cries seemed to echo off the walls, and I could see him fidgeting in Mary's arms. She looked like as if she hadn't slept in days, Standing in the doorway, I bit my lip. I took a deep breath, working up the courage to say something. Once I thought that I was ready, I opened my mouth..and the words simply, flowed out. 

"I'm..home.."

Mary looked up, and her face lit up. She started to smile, and I could see tears well up in her eyes, and I smiled. "Sweetie..how'd you get here?" she questioned, and looking behind me, Joshua and Calvin walked in. "It was all our plan." Mary got up, coming over to me. King stopped crying when he saw me, reaching his hands out for me. I took him in my arms, wiping away the tears on his cheeks. He sniffed, and I rubbed his back. Mary kissed my forehead, and I smiled. 

I picked up my suitcase going upstairs, to my room. Everything was just like I had left it, except that the clothes I had left on the floor were now folded into neat piles on my bed. I looked down at King, and sighed. He was busy playing with the collar of my shirt, ocasionally sniffing, here and there. I began putting my clothes away, setting King on the bed with my stuffed bear. Once I was finished, I laid on the bed, watching King.