²⁻ ᶠᵉᵃᵗᵘʳᵉˢ..

²⁻ ᶠᵉᵃᵗᵘʳᵉˢ..

           "This is how our story started, two beings, becoming one." 

             ❀

That tree. 

She always sat under that tree. 

Under that tree is where I saw her most often. 

I noticed that she never got anything from the cafeteria, but she always had a small snack; fruit punch and a bag of chips. Most of the time, they were spicy; her favorite flavor, I guess. 

She was almost always alone, sitting under the flowery oak tree. No one bothered her, but there used to be a boy that sat with her, and they seemed to be very good friends. She talked to him, but I had never seen him talk back, which was strange. But after a while, I no longer saw him. 

Her back rested against the chocolate, thick bark of the tree, a textbook in her lap. Her bag wasn't too far away, and from where I was sitting, I noticed that it was filled with three other textbooks. Her nose was always deep in those books. She often had a textbook in her hands, but sometimes, she simply watched everyone pass her by. 

This wasn't the first time I had watched her from a distance. I had watched her several other times, hoping that she would glance over at me, and give me a smile. But that never happened, and the scenario simply returned to my reservoir of other scenarios I imagined over the course of the day. These daydreams interfered with my cognitive skills, and also got me into trouble, at times. During class, my mind wandered off onto my thoughts about her, and it was like my happy place - if you would call it that. 

My eyes fell upon her attire for today, a tan cardigan, a white shirt, and blue jeans. Her jeans looked a bit dirty, but I assumed that it was the style. There was a hole in the knee as well. She had her own style, and it was a delightful change, from everyone else. People here were always trying to be somebody else, and didn't see the value in being different. They all blended in, expect for her. They could learn a lesson, or two, from her. They were just numbers in a crowd, trying to fit in where they didn't. 

I already knew that she was out of this world, even if no one else saw it. And they didn't have to, for she was my sun, and she shone like no other. She was perfect to me, and that was all that mattered. 

I barely knew her, but I was fascinated by her. Others saw her simply as a face in the crowd..I saw much more than that. She was a beautiful girl, with thoughts, and emotions. She had no clue that I admired her, day after day, sitting in the same spot, at the same lunch table. Sometimes, I felt like a creep. But creeping was all I could do. I didn't have enough courage to move my ass over there to talk to her. 

Even if I did finally grow some balls and come over there, what would I say?

"Uh..my name is Josiah and I watch you at lunch."

Any sane person would run away, quickly, if someone said that to them. I know I would. 

The bell ruined my train of thought, and I sighed, grabbing my jacket and bag, walking behind everyone else who was heading to class. I dreaded this walk, as it signaled that I woldn't have anytime to gaze at her, my beauty, any longer. I only had one or two classes with her, and even then we didn't sit by each other. She sat in the middle, and I sat in the far back. Staring at the back of her head wasn't as exciting to me, than staring at her fully. I wasn't ashamed to admit it that I stared at her, hell, I practically knew her whole class schedule!

Walking past the her spot under the tree, something caught my eye. I walked over, picking it up. Rolling the pen around in my hand, I couldn't help but smile. The pen was wrapped in white ribbon, and a big, cute daisy was glued to the top. Looking down the path, I could see that she wasn't too far away from me. Following the crowd, I walked past several people, squeezing between others. 

Maybe this was my chance?

Maybe this time I would actually work up the nerve to say something to her? 

I walked faster, slightly shoving people aside. I knew I was being rude, but I didn't particularly care. She turned to the right, and I followed, entering the school building. Inside, there was less people walking, roaming around, and I attempted to swallow the lump in my throat. I was nervous; my heart raced in my chest, threatening to jump out of my chest and onto the tile floor below me. 

What was I going to say?

I swear that I was hearing my heartbeat in my ears, and my pulse quickened. I started to feel hot, and I prayed that I wasn't sweating. I held the pen tightly in my hand, still following her, as she walked to her class. 

"E-Excuse me! Please st-stop!"

She stopped in her tacks, turning around to me. She was looking at me head on, and her gaze sent my stomach into sumersaults. I walked up to her, holding my hand out. Her eyes fell upon my hand, her eyes lightingn up, the beautiful deep brown of her eyes threatening to make me faint. My legs felt like jelly, and it felt like ages before I reached her. When we finally met face to face, I found myself unable to look at her. 

"Yo-You dropped your pe-pen.." I mumbled, biting my lip. It wasn't like I was gazing at her from far away, I was right up on her, and I was tripping over my words like I was a damn fool. 

Her fingertips gently grazed my hand, slipping the pen from my grasp.

My head shot up, and she was staring into my eyes. Pure perfection. A soft smile spread across her face, and it drove me mad; my insides were burning, my stomach flopping around like a fish out of water. I felt my cheeks grow hot, and she let out a small giggle. 

"Thank you, I don't what I would do if I had lost my favorite pen!" Her small smile spread into a genuine, real smile, and my mind drew a blank; I had no idea what to say. I swallowed taking a deep breath.

"You're we-welcome..I'm Josiah.." I quietly said. I was like a shy schoolgirl, and I would definitely be kicking my ass later for that. Have some confidence, Josiah, damn. I felt weak in her presence, so small and inferior. She didn't have an air of intimidation, but I was so fucking close to her, it made my head spin. 

"I'm Monroe."

I watched her spin on her heel, her warm vanilla scent invading my nose. I was frozen in place, and all I could do was watch her, like always, the want and need of having her returning to me. It was cruel, the way she reduced me into nothing, just like that. The late bell rang, but I didn't  care, my mind was repeating her name over and over. 

Monroe..

That was her name..

dyad | ᵇᵒᵒᵏ ᵒⁿᵉOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara