¹¹ ⁻ ᵇˡᵘˢʰ.

¹¹ ⁻ ᵇˡᵘˢʰ.

 Josiah came up to me, took my hand, and Joshua and I followed him out of the front of the school. We passed by other teenagers in groups, talking amongst themselves. Some of them were walking to the student parking lot, which was filled with all types of luxury sedans, even sports cars. Josiah paused, looking around. I thought we were going to find his car in the parking lot, but my eyes nearly popped out of my head when he started walking towards a black, stretch limo. The side read Law Offices of Black & Black, in gold, cursive writing. He looked back at me, smiling. 

"I blame my Dad. He likes our guests to leave, and arrive in style." 

I looked at Joshua, who was trying his best to hide the wide grin that wanted to spread across his face. I bit my lip, and followed Josiah, who opened the door for me to get in. Sliding into the black leather seats, my eyes widened at the interior. It was like they crammed a small lounge inside! A flat screen tv hug from the top, small cabinets on either sides.  

Josiah pressed a button on the side, everything seeming to light up. Joshua seemed to be enjoying everything, his eyes full of awe. I was doing the same, as it was such a long time since I had seen a limo, let alone with an inside like this. I turned to Josiah, and he raised his eyebrows at me. "Your parents are lawyers..so they must earn a lot of money to do..this," I said, referring to the limo. He nodded, "They're the best lawyers in town." His smile seemed to fade, though, 

"Which means they get tons of cases to work on day after day." I nodded, and he sighed. I assume that his parents didn't have as much time to spend with him as he would like. Don't I know the feeling..but I'd rather not dwell on the past. 

"Do you have any place you want to stop?" he asked. 

I shook my head. I barely remember the area, since I haven't lived here for four years. I'd probably get lost in this area, even if you would've given me a map. I wondered if any of my old friends still lived around here..maybe a few even went to the same school as me, but I've just never noticed. No one really looks the same once they enter high school, as they start to find their own niche. Some people try to force themselves into a niche, going as far as to change their whole lifestyles to fit in. I've seen it happen with my own eyes. I overheard this group of girls telling another girl that she had to have blonde hair to hang around with them, and the next time I saw her, which was about two blocks later, she had blonde hair. I don't know how she managed to do it, but that was none of my business. 

The limo pulled into a neighborhood, Sandstone Estates, and I looked out the window, trying to take everything in. The houses were gorgeous. The houses reminded my of my old home, and I sighed. The homes were large, some of them red brick, and others sandy brick. You could tell that some of them were bigger than others, but regardless, they were bigger than they mansions of seen. The homes were complete with large, wide front yards, which were decorated by flowers of every color. I wondered how much some of these homes were, and I was given my answer when we passed by a home for sell. My answer was 26,000,000, far too many zeros for my liking.

We went up a small hill, and came to halt. "We're home," Josiah said. We climbed out of the limo, and turning around, my jaw dropped. 

This had to be the largest home in the whole neighborhood!

I had to take a few steps back, to regain my composure. Josiah's house was huge, and there had to be about or over twenty rooms in there. Most of the house was decorated with a soft, sandy colored brick, but the chimney and the jetty being made of different colored bricks, with the same sandy theme as the rest of the house. I picked up my jaw off the floor, when Josiah and Joshua snickered at me. "You act like you've never seen a house like this before," he smirked. I disregarded his comment, and we entered his house. Everything was so beautiful..so perfect