ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ ૩١ ☛ 4 ʟᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀᴅѕ.

"M-Me?" 

I stuttered, sounding like a fool. I was shocked, to say the least. I couldn't say that I didn't believe that Josiah was in love with me, for I would be lying. I just..didn't expect for it to come so soon. We had only been going out for some months now, but my feelings were very strong about him. Sure, we were only teenagers, and people might say that my feelings were just puppy love, but what I felt was something major. 

A faint smile appeared on his face, and he pressed his lips to mine. "Yes, I love you," he whispered against my lips. My cheeks burned, and I looked down into my lap. He chuckled, lifting my head. My heart was racing, and I nervously played with my hands, biting down on my bottom lip. "Look, I can really see myself spending the rest of my life with you. You're really the only girl that makes me feel like-" I crashed my lips against his, pulling him closer by his shirt. His hands went to my waist, pushing me back gently. Josiah hovered over me, our kiss still in full effect. His lips were sweet, and kind of sour, because of the weed. 

He broke the kiss, staring at me. "I love you too," I smiled. Josiah kissed my nose, smiling at me. He looked around the studio, helping me sit back up. I looked around with him, noticing how bland it really looked. Josiah and I hadn't set time aside to really go pick out furniture for the studio, so basically, it was like a blank slate. Everything was so spacious, so far out, but once we started buying couches and chairs, it would be perfect. We could use a few tables now, though..

"How about we go out to eat?" Josiah questioned, making me look at him. His head was cocked to the side, and I shrugged. I don't think Mary would want me staying out too late, and plus, I had to ride the bus back. I really wanted to get on the bus early enough so that I wasn't stuck with the creeps. I swear, one of them was following me, once. I was afraid of being kidnapped by some serial killer. 

"I don't think we can do that, it's going to get real dark soon."

He nodded, "Maybe tomorrow, then." 

Suddenly, I remembered what Joshua asked me. "Joshua has a girlfriend," I smiled, "they wanted to know if we could double date sometime." Josiah grinned, "Sure, only if my Queen wants to. Do you want me to drive you home?" I shook my head, pulling the bus pass out of my pocket. "Remember, you bought me this so you wouldn't have to drive me everywhere." He smirked, "Well, if you say so." 

I gathered my things, and Josiah walked me to the door. I turned to him, wrapping my arms around his neck. "I'll see you later, Yin-Yang Queen." I giggled, kissing his cheek. "You too, Peace Punk." I opened the door, and left out, looking left and right before I crossed the street. I began walking towards the direction of the nearest bus stop, observing my surroundings. I simply couldn't get over how everything was so..alive over here. Each time I came down here, I found myself falling in love more and more with the city. I couldn't wait until I moved in with Josiah, but I had to get a few things right with myself first.

I still didn't have a clue what I wanted to do after high school, and we only had a few more months left until graduation, and I was trying to get my grades in tip-top shape so I could possibly get a scholarship, as being Wilt means that I don't have the money to pay for tuition and books. I had mostly all A's and B's, but that wouldn't be enough to get me into college alone. Even with the scholarship, I would probably have to pay for something, eventually. 

Approaching the bus stop, I stood near the sign, watching the cars pass by. I was starting to get a queasy feeling in my stomach though, like someone was watching me. Looking up and down the street, there was barely anybody in sight. That didn't mean that someone couldn't be watching me from the stores along the street, though. I heard the bus as it pulled up to a stop, the loud hum from it's engine filling my ears. I climbed on, swiping my bus pass, and chose a seat, this time in the back. It must be a slow day, as there wasn't as many people on the bus, today. 

Adjusting in my seat, I looked at the window, the sun setting in the horizon. Tomorrow was Monday, and I would be back to my hectic schedule of transitioning from class to class, and completing classwork. Calvin and I should really get started on our project. We've done a few questions, so far, but each time we get caught up doing chores and helping around the house. The bus pulled up at it's first stop, and a couple got off, heading on down the block. I had about three more stops to go, and I waited, eventually new faces climbing on the bus. 

Once again, I felt like someone was staring at me, and looking over, I caught the eyes of a boy. He looked familiar, like he went to school with me, but I wasn't sure if he was in any of my classes. He pushed his dusty-blonde hair back, and over to the side. His sharp jaw was clenched, and he stared at me like I was going crazy. His arms were covered in tattoos, and they were crossed over his chest. He made me really uncomfortable, and I looked away from him, biting my lip. The bus pulled up at my stop, and I couldn't get off that bus fast enough.

I could still feel his eyes on me as I got off, and I looked over my shoulder, occasionally.

Who was that?

Walking under the bridge, I was beginning to hear footsteps behind me. I decided against taking the long way, instead taking a shortcut. The footsteps seemed to be getting closer and closer, louder and louder, and I sped up my walking, hoping that I would make it home before who ever this was got a chance to catch up to me. I turned the corner, not daring to look over my shoulder. My heart threatened to jump out of my chest, and I bit down on my lip, hard. 

"Monroe."

I was pulled back, pushed up against the wall. I squealed, coming face to face with the boy from the bus. When I heard his voice, I figured out who it was. 

Michael Turner.

Michael was an arrogant, rude person, and never went to class. We had fourth and fifth period together, and he was known for his terrible mood swings and fights. I never paid much attention to him, and I wondered what he wanted from me. We weren't friends, not even acquaintances. I was surprised to even know that he knew my name, let alone what I looked like. I took a deep breath, feeling his hands slipped down to my lower back. 

"...Your relationship irks me. A Bloom, with a Wilt? It's laughable. Don't you hear what people say about you and Josiah?" 

I shook my head, and he chuckled. "I don't know how you could be so fucking naive, but anyways..what makes you think that you and Josiah are going to last?" 

What did he have against me and Josiah? I barely even knew that he existed before, so what grudge could he possibly have against me? What was he even doing following me home? People have always said that he was a little on the crazy side, but this was just downright creepy. "I see you two hugged up in the hallways. What, did you give him your virginity to trap him to stay with you?" I pushed him away, looking at him like he was insane. He barely knew a thing about my relationship, let alone me as a person. 

"No, I didn't give anything up to him." 

He smirked again, "What, did I rub you the wrong way? Look, Monroe, I'm just telling you like it is."

Sure..sure he was. 

"You and this little fantasy world you live in is about to come crumbling down. Let's face it, you're better off with a Wilt. It'll only get worse from here on out."

~ Michael on the side. Anyway, what do you think he meant by that?