ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ Ձб ☛ ᴅʀɪғᴛɪɴɢ.

                              "Promise me, you won't change."

Staring at them in disbelief, I shook my head, getting up from the table. "N-No," I stuttered, standing up, "I won't go with you..this is my home.." They had to be out of their minds. Like..they were playing some sick joke on me. First, they disown me after I work up the courage to tell them that I was raped. Then, they don't see me for four years, until they see me at Josiah's house. Now, these..people..are in my home, trying to me back in, after they had given me up for their reputation. These people had given me life, and then just gave me away, all for their selfish reason. 

So no, I wouldn't go home with them, not after they had just tossed me aside. 

"Really, this old place? Princess, you deserve better than this.."

"Well, this is what was given to me when you disowned me, Dad!" I hissed. He had no right to talk about my home, like that. I had no choice but to come and live here, because there was nothing better for me around here. He looked at me like I was crazy, and I could feel tears beginning to build up in my eyes. They had no right to come here and demand that I go with them. Where were they when I cried for them on the first night? I didn't get anything from them. Not a letter, a gift, anything. 

Did they really even care?

"Don't talk to your father that way, Monroe!"

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest. "What father? I don't see any father material in that man." I looked away from them, the tears in my eyes beginning to trickle down my cheeks. They weren't my parents. Mary was the only parent I had. She listened to me, cared about my feelings..she was the mother I've wanted all along, even if we aren't related in anyway. I couldn't leave this house..I just couldn't. These people were my family, what was I going to do without them? Joshua would be devestated. We've never been apart from each other for more than a few hours, and if I go, what will happen to our friendship? I need Joshua, just like he needs me. 

"I want you to go upstairs, and get your things. You are leaving with us, whether you like it, or not." Dad growled, through gritted teeth. Looking towards the doorway, Mary stood there, looking at me with a saddened expression. She walked in, taking my hand. "Come on, Mo'.." she sighed, "I'll help you with your things.." We walked up the stairs, and into my room, where she closed the door behind her. I looked at the floor, unable to hold my tears in any longer. My eyes stung, and I dropped down onto my bed, crying into my hands. 

"I don't want to go! I can't go!" I sobbed, my body shaking as I let out my pain and anger. Mary kissed the top of my head, gently, hugging me. "I know baby..I know..I don't want you to go either. You're like my own daughter, sweetie..I hate to see you go.." I looked up at her, and she wiped my eyes. "Do I really have to go?" I asked, my lip quivering. Mary had tears in her eyes, and she slowly nodded, stroking my hair. "Those people are your parents, and as much as you hate them right now, you're going to need them, in the long run." 

I shook my head, "But I don't need them..this is my home.." 

She kissed my forehead, and nodded. "There will always be a place for you, sweetheart. I won't let anyone have your room." I nodded, and she gave me a soft smile. "Now, you get packing, alright, baby?" I watched Mary leave my room, and I looked around, trying to remember everything about my room before I left. I was going to miss everything about this room, really. From the chipping paint to faded hardwood floors..this room had became my own. I remember hating it when I first arrived, but now I couldn't imagine hating it, at all. Getting up from my bed, I began to gather the most important things to me.