[ ELEVEN ]

Peter's head shoots up from his textbook as soon as Clover slams the door behind herself

          Peter's head shoots up from his textbook as soon as Clover slams the door behind herself. Her face is flushed and her fists are clenched. Out of all the years Peter has known Clover, he knows that she's about to yell and when she yells, you don't interrupt. Clover sets her phone on the kitchen table and storms around the couch to stand in front of him. She tosses the textbook away from Peter and looks at him for a moment.

"Where were you!" she shouts, "I went out looking for you and I tracked your phone to some shady street!"

Peter sighs, trying to think of a way to explain himself, "I went for a walk" he says.

"Bullshit Peter! You've been using that excuse for the past two weeks! I know you're lying, but I don't know why! Why don't you trust me!" Clover says.

"Because you won't understand! You'll tell me to stop and that it's not my responsibility! You won't support me and I have to do what I'm doing!" Peter shouts back.

Clover's expression softens and her face turns back to its normal colour, "What won't I understand?" Clover asks softly.

"I can't say it, it's better that you don't know, it's safer if you don't" Peter says.

Clover slowly takes a seat next to Peter and grabs his hand, "You won't tell me what you're doing, I doubt you ever will. But I want to know that whatever you're doing won't get you killed, because I can't lose a brother and a father."

Peter tries to look away, so that he can lie to her face without feeling a pang of guilt at the pit of his stomach, "I can't say that" he whispers.

Clover feels a tear roll down her cheek as she pulls Peter into a hug, "I can't stop you, I know better than to try. But I want you to try and be the same Peter, I want you to live a normal life and not some double one. Be a better friend to Ned, a better nephew to May, a better brother to me, okay? We're blood Peter and blood is always thicker than water"

Peter thinks on his cousin's words and realizes that she's right, she's always been right. Everything that Clover has said to him since he first got his powers has helped to guide him in some way, even if he didn't think so at the time. The two pull away and Clover gets up and walks off to her room. She can't get the truth from Peter, but at least she knows he's not getting into trouble, she can hope that he stays safe. As Clover lies in bed, for the first time in a long time, she folds her hands and prays, prays for Peter.

-----

          With Clover's words always on his mind, Peter continues to protect the city, but he makes a change. Peter makes time for his friends and his family, as well as for the people of New York. He took Clover's pep talk to heart and over the past month, Peter has been doing everything she said. Between school and Spiderman he made time for other people, stopped missing plans and classes. Peter also trained, to become a better Spiderman, one who can save more people and make sure no one gets hurt in the process. It was the beginning of November and Peter's personal life couldn't be better.