UNANTICIPATED

"mom, where are you?"  i searched.

"i am here in the kitchen" she answered.

"you have so little vegetables and everything here" she sighed.

"yeah mom, we usually get food from out and we cook only when we both are at home" i answered.

"okay, today i will cook for you both and hazel will be surprised seeing tasty food" she smiled.

"as you wish mom" i answered.

"but to make tasty food we should first go buy meat, vegetables and many more things" she said.

"okay lets go. " we took our purse and left. Going with mom and that to for shopping food items is so terrible. firstly she goes to each and every shop even when it is not necessary, secondly mom bargains a lot. I always used to ignore her when ever she used to come up with the idea of shopping. I hate shopping.

the first thing to do was buy food items but mom being mom she was going to so many unrelated shops. she entered into the Nike showroom and started seeing shoes.

"mrs. kingsley" i saw Eric's mom  looking at the outlet.

For a second everything around me became still. It has been almost a year seeing anyone from the past and now suddenly i see them. Is Eric also here? Has she come here alone? a lot questions were going through my mind. I decided to neglect her and just stay away but the universe is never in my favour. My mom starts conversing with her. why mom? why?

ME: mrs. kingsley

MRS. KINGSLEY :  jamie

MOM: do yo know each other?

ME: mom, this is Eric's mom.

suddenly i look at mom hoping for her to smile and show her expression but mom's smile fades away.

ME: mom....

MOM: oh nice to meet you. Eric was a lovely boy.

MRS.KINGSLEY: thanks. how are you?

ME: i am good. How are you? your here alone?

please tell me that you are not here with Eric and also please tell me that you are here with Eric.

MRS. KINGSLEY: no our family has settled in Germany now. you know right Niall's dad and his work?

ME:yeah.

NIALL: mom, jamie .

ME: hi 

NIALL: it feels great seeing you.

ME: it feels good to see you too.

MOM: okay before you kids get started with your talk i want to ask something. Mrs. kingsley, i wanted to invite you all for dinner to jamie's home.

MRS.KINGSLEY:  oh, i really respect your invitation but you are new to the country and actually i should invite you.

ME: please do not feel like that. I am here for a month and i do not no anyone here. so this dinner is for us to bond well. so that we become friends and then you can show me places around and we can shop a lot. what do you think? and ask her i cook the worlds best food.

MRS. KINGSLEY:  it is a good idea. i accept your invitation and we will be there for the dinner. I loved your idea of too much shopping.

MOM: now common Jamie take Niall's number and text him the address. okay now i have to go home and plan for the best dinner. see you all tonight.

Mom and me left from there and started heading towards home.

ME: you do not even know them. why did you invite them to the dinner?

MOM: it is so good to know that you have someone whom you know in the country. so i am very sure Eric's mom will be there for you whenever you need me.

ME: I do not need anyone i have hazel.

MOM: i know that but Hazel can not be your mother.

ME: whatever mom. But you have taken Eric's name after a long time. you never......

MOM: when the time has come you will get all the answers to all your questions but not now.

.........

please keep voting and commenting.