[4]

//Dark red - Steve Lacy//

I've survived a week.

Go me!

This week went by extremely fast yet completely horrible. Nobody likes being the new kid but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

I picked up my book off of the table and sank into the couch. Home alone again.

Knock knock

I groan in annoyance as I put my book down and push off of the couch. I turn on the porch light and see three faint figures on the steps.

I opened the door and Ivy smiles wide

"I told you we'd find the right house," She said as she walked past me and kicked off her shoes. Mason did the same but Ethan was hesitant. I opened the door fully and nodded him in.

"How many houses did you guys knock on?" I asked as I closed the door behind Ethan.

Mason collapsed on my couch. "13."

"Home alone?" Ivy inquired as she looked around my house.

I nodded as I took the plastic coverings off of the new couch and chair so more could sit.

"So, how has the night been treating you?" Mason asked as he laid on his stomach while Ivy sat on his back, and Ethan sat by himself on the other couch.

"Not bad until you guys came. I was reading and drinking some tea." I smiled as I took my mug off of the new coffee table and sat back in the chair "Would you guys like anything?"

My house was still extremely new, the scent of fresh paint was so strong that you could taste its bitterness. Paintings were leaning against the wall waiting to be hung and my cups and mugs were still wrapped in paper

Everyone shook their heads.

"I think we should play a game," Mason cut through the silence. "Never have I ever!"

"Are you seven?" Ivy scoffed

"Oh Ivy, lighten up. I just want to learn more about Amelia." He paused "That sounded weird, sorry" we laughed

Ivy gave in. She held up her hand with her palm open and wiggled her fingers waiting for everyone. "Never have I ever wore a tie," both of the boys put down one finger while she winked at me.

"No targeting from now on," Ethan pouted.

"That's no fun!" Ivy persisted.

"Never have I ever been grounded," I interrupted their bickering. Everyone put a finger down.

"Hang around with us and we'll change that," Mason laughed. "Never have I ever had my hair any other color than blonde," everyone put their finger down.

"So this is how we're gonna play," Ethan squinted at Mason "Never have I ever had blonde hair." Ethan stuck out his tongue which made me laugh

Mason launched himself at Ethan and started to wrestle him.

"My bets on Mason," Ivy casually stuck her hand out to me for me to shake it.

"You're on," I shook her hand.

Knock knock

I push off the ground and quickly walk over to the door.

"Oh, one second"

The pizza guy just stood there awkwardly

Just then Ivy rushes to the door. She hands him $25 and swiftly takes the pizza from his hands. That's nice of her.

"Here you go. Have a nice night!" she said as I shut the door for her.

As we turned around we saw Ethan holding Mason down and I smirked and she cursed.

"Since you paid for the pizza I'll let it slide," I laughed.

She set the pizza boxes on the coffee table as I went into the kitchen to grab glasses.

"Why did you order so much?" I asked

"If only you've seen Mason eat pizza before," Ivy replied and he grinned while we all grabbed a plate.

"If you didn't know her house number than how did you order pizza?" Mason asked

"I knew her house number, I just wanted to see you struggle to find it" Ivy smirked

"So how's our school been treating you?" Ethan asked, trying to make an effort with polite conversation. It was nice to move past me being awkward.

I adjusted my glasses. "A little hard to fit in because it's the middle of the semester but it's been okay. I've only really talked to you guys"

"Hey, when is your dad coming home?" Mason said as he and Ivy had the same look on their faces.

"Not until Monday..." I hesitantly answered. Today was Friday.

"No art pieces or small bits of furniture to break..." Ivy muttered to herself as she looked around my house.

"And why is that important?" I questioned.

"Cause we should throw a party" Mason completed the mystery.

"What? You've got to be kidding" I rolled my eyes.

"Think about it. No parents around, no sentimental things that some drunk kid could break, and this will set your reputation," Mason smiled.

Why can't we just have a nice peaceful night full of laughter and wholesome conversation?

"I don't think it's a good idea," I mumbled.

"We'll set everything up, get people to come and get the supplies," Ivy jumped up and down.

"It'd be pretty awesome," Ethan agreed with a grin.

"I guess we're having a party then," I caved quietly.