[13]

// Shot down - Khalid //

The next day was painful.

My dad stayed home and wouldn't allow me to leave. He said it was because "you could have died and I don't want to lose you".

Solid excuse

We later found out that someone did get shot, not killed or anything, just hurt and sent to the hospital

She was the only other red-haired person in our school.

I softly crept down the stairs because I assumed my dad was sleeping on the couch. He always slept on the couch during the day, if he was ever home.

As I got to the last step I was started by my false accusation. He was awake... and anxious?.

"Hey," he said with his laptop in front of him and his face in his palms.

"Hi..." I blinked before continuing to the kitchen

"I don't know how to say this but..." he rubbed his face with his hands.

I swung the fridge open making sure we had milk so I could have some cereal

"We have to move," he said gently

"...what" I slowly closed the fridge. My stomach dropped to the floor and I was no longer hungry, if I had anything in my system I would've thrown it up.

"We need to leave, Amelia" he tried to avoid eye contact "there are some nice houses in Alberta.."

"What are you talking about?" I walked over and sat on the second couch. My voice was almost a whisper but it had a hint of rage.

"We aren't safe. I can't risk losing you"

"Is this about the lockdown because we've already talked about this. There's a 0.0001% chance of even having a lockdown..." I rambled

"No... Well yes. Loren found us" his eyes became weak and I could see concerned he was.

~
Little backstory

Before we moved here my dad and this lady named Loren dated for a while. She ended up being abusive and using all kinds of drugs. She was in a gang.

When they broke up she would break into our house, steal money, steal official documents of identification and stalk me and my father. Almost every day she would send death threats and how she was going to ruin our lives.

My dad's phone couldn't block her so he had to live with her constant threats.

We tried putting her in jail and taking her to court but every time she would be held in custody for a day and then released.

Knowing someone is planning on murdering you and your family but you can't do anything about it is the absolute worst experience you can have.

Since nobody would help us we moved. We moved to the states and on the east coast in hopes that she would never find us.

~

"How?.." a brick of fear practically knocked me over, I was glad I was sitting down.

"I don't know" he paused "but we need to leave"

She can't keep doing this!

"No... this time we get a restraining order" I demanded

"We've already tried.." he was getting annoyed

"Did she have something to do with the lockdown yesterday?" It finally clicked.

"..Yes" he said hesitantly

I instantly became furious "we're getting one this time!"

"I'll try but we need to be prepared to leave"

"Every single time something happens to you, you flea. You can't live your life not wanting to deal with your problems" I stood up. I was fuming.

I don't know what made me madder. Him controlling everything in my life whilst not giving a single fuck about me or Loren ruining everything good in life.

"Amelia, you need to listen to me!" He yelled

"We can't even move" I sped up the stairs "you've spent all our money on your addiction!" I screamed before running into my room and slamming the door behind me.

I rested my back against my door and I slid down until my butt hit the floor.

"I can't do this anymore" the whisper was so faint I could barely hear it.

I pulled out my phone and texted my group chat (Ivy, Mason, and Ethan) 

Me: there's something I need to tell you guys