[18]

//You're gonna live forever in me - John Mayer//

All of the unnecessary excitement led to a well deserved nap when I got home.

When I woke up it was around 6pm, I was still in my ugly uniform.

I got up and put on some jeans and a random hoodie that was on the floor. It was Ethan's. The one he gave me.

I sat on the edge of my bed with my hands gripping onto the roots of my hair.

Amelia, you can't run away from everything. You need to grow up and face your problems.

I breathed out, trying to calm my nerves.

I would like to talk to him...

No, he did you so wrong

But you need to grow up and get this out of the way.

My heart pounded as I made my decision.

I picked up my phone and slid on my kicks before leaving the house.

I pulled the hood over my messy curls and proceeded to make my way over to Ethan's house. It was pouring out so instantly became soaked

The venture was too short for comfort and I was starting to regret my decision.

You could turn back

No, I need to do this.

Should I knock on the door or?

I looked around the yard and saw a familiar layout to mine. A large tree relatively close to a window.

I grabbed a small pebble from the front garden and tossed it gently up at the window.

Ethan mentioned that he's experienced with tree climbing so that must be his window right?

I wait a minute before tossing another one.

The window suddenly opened and a groggy brown haired boy's head popped out.

"A-Amelia?" He questioned.

"Hey," I stood there looking up at him as the rain poured down.

"What are you doing here?" He rubbed his eyes. His hair was a mess.

"Would you like me to go?" I sank.

"No!" He corrected. "that's not what I meant... I thought you never wanted to see me?" He said gently trying not to startle me.

"That's true," I paused. "but somehow I ended up here... Could I come up?" i dragged on

"if you'd like to then sure," he watched as I made my way up the slippery tree. "Be careful." he laughed "The last thing you need is a broken bone."

"I've got this," I reassured us both with a smile as I crawled along the slimy branch and onto the roof.

Ethan climbed out of his window and sat down on the roof.