[9]

//Made in Hollywood - LANY//

When I woke up the next day for school I regretted it. A tidal wave of heat floods my body and my nose is enormously clogged up.

I'm sick

I let out a groan as I reach for the tissue box on my nightstand and try to blow my nose but am unsuccessful; it's too plugged. I send my dad a text saying I'm too sick to go to school. I turn on the fan then wrap myself in my blankets and fall asleep.

-

Tap tap tap

My eyes flutter open to the sound of soft taps on my window. I sit up and rub my eyes before realizing it was Ethan. Well I mean he looked like a blob because I'm not wearing my glasses but who else would be at my window?

I give a little wave and then signal him to come in.

"Where were you today?" Ethan asked as he closed the window behind him.

"I'm sick," I croaked out hoarsely.

"You sound horrible," he laughed as he sat next to me on my bed.

"You should go, I don't want to get you sick," I pouted.

"Is your dad home?" He asked.

I picked up my phone and see the notification from my dad.

Dad: Okay, I called the school. I won't be home until tomorrow. feeling better kid !

"Nope," I answer and put my phone back on the side table.

"Then let me take care of you."

"No, go home Ethan. What would your mother think? Does she know that you're out?"

"I said I was going to a friends. It's all good," he smiled softly.

"Fine..." I gave in and he smiled brightly. "You're going to have deal with all of my constant sneezing and coughing." I smiled

"I can handle it," he says as he puts his hands on his hips sassily and I can't help but chuckle a bit.

"Do you want me to make you something?"

"Could you please make me some tea?."

"Your wish is my command."

5 minutes later he comes back with steaming mug

After he sets down the burning hot mug on my nightstand he sits on the edge of my bed

"Uh-uh" I scoot him off of my bed with my foot.

"What?" He asks as he stands up

"You're going to get sick."

"No I won't" he pouts. "I've got the best immune system in the world"

"If you want to come near me then... Could you go into that box?" I ask and he follows. It was a box that contained a lot of emergency care supplies from my dad. He's a paramedic.

After rummaging around for a couple seconds he pulls out a surgical mask

"Really?" He groans