[6]

//Walking on a dream - Empire of the sun//

"Look at all the people!" Mason says excitedly.

"I didn't expect this many," I say and start to bite my lip anxiously.

My living room was full of energetic dancing bodies as was my kitchen with the music vibrating the whole house.

Mason leaned down and yelled in my ear. "Do you want a drink or something?"

"Sure!" I yelled back over the music and he got up and went into the kitchen.

I awkwardly sit on the couch alone while I scan the crowd all around me. After witnessing Ivy grind against a guy I notice Ethan and Leah... arguing... I think? Luckily I turn away just in time as someone sits down.

"Hey, there you are."

"Xavier," I smiled politely as he scooted a cushion closer to me.

"Amelia," he grinned. "Your party is actually really fun, you don't seem like the kind of person to throw parties." He tossed his arm on the back of the couch

"Neither did I," I laughed.

"Hey it's kinda loud down here, could we go to your room or something so we could talk some more?" he grins as he starts to slide his hand up my thigh. I jerk my leg away.

"No" I growl even though I'm terrified out of my mind.

"Oh c'mon Amelia," he says smoothly as his hand runs up and down my sides and he tries to kiss me.

"Get off of me!" I shove him and run for the stairs

Get me out of here!

My heart leaps out of my chest.

I hear loud thumps behind me which only makes me run faster. I stumble straight into the washroom and slam the door, locking it.

I turn around and see Ethan sitting on the edge of the bathtub with his head in his palms and his elbows resting on his knees.

"Oh.. I.," I mumble

He looks up at me "Oh did you need to.." He slowly starts to stand up.

"Oh no" I reassured. "It's just too much down there" my heart pounded at the thought of what could have happened if I didn't end up here.

"Oh" he sits back down.

"Are you okay? Do you want me to go?" I asked hesitantly.

"No it's fine" he smiled "I just have a headache and I don't really want to be down there. Parties aren't my thing."

"Same, I only agreed to this party so Mason and Ivy would like me more" I sat down on the closed lid of the toilet which was directly in front of Ethan.

"They like you a lot" he smiled

"That's nice to hear" I smiled "they scare me sometimes"

That's too honest! Stop taking Amelia!

"They scare me" he laughed. "They've only really known you for a couple days but I can tell that they want you to be around for awhile." he smiled "it took them a year before they actually started to like me" he laughed.

"Have you known them for long?" I asked

"Few years. Ivy and Mason have been inseparable since elementary school, I didn't join them until freshman year." He smiled at the memory.

"Are they a thing?" I asked softly

"N-No I don't think so" his tone was uneasy. "So why did you come running into this bathroom if you didn't need to use it, if I may ask." He changed the subject.

"I'm not a big fan of drunk people" I shrugged

"Understandable" he smiled politely "So how do you like it here?"

"I really like it, I miss the constant rain from Vancouver but I think the sunsets are prettier here"

"I can agree that we do have amazing sunsets" he chuckled.

"Do you prefer sunsets or sunrises?" I asked

"Sunsets" his eyes flickered from my lips then back up to my eyes. "a good way to end a bad day. You?"

"Sunrise. It's a whole other thing. Way more rare and magical. You just haven't seen the right kind of sunrise" I smiled

I looked up at him through my eyelashes to get the chance to see his big goofy grin.

We're now just inches apart and my breath gets caught in my throat.

"Etha-" I say before I'm interrupted by his soft lips pressed against mine.

The boy tasted like strawberry starburst and I wanted more. I needed more.

I pushed off of the lid and straddled his legs. His arms found their way to my hips and my hands were softly wrapped around his jaw and neck.

I craved more and more of his taste but I knew he was forbidden. He's not mine. But just this once, I wanted something so badly that I never even knew existed. Never once had I thought that Ethan and I would be kissing in my bathroom but here we were, not wanting it to ever end.

~~~~~~~~~~

this doesn't make any sense right now but next chapter will clear this up :)

if I've messed up on spelling or grammar please correct me and please leave me a little feedback! 💗