[14]

//Love me tender - Elvis Presley//

I sat there crying for... I don't know how long.

I heard the front door slam close which made me even more upset.

I cried and cried until I surrendered myself into a strong embrace.

He ran his palm up and down my back. I couldn't hear what he was saying but he would caress my face and gently kiss my face sporadically.

I shoved my face into the crook of Ethan's neck and eventually calmed down

"What's going on?" His voice had finally become understandable.

I shook my head which just made me nuzzle into his neck even more.

"Please" he plead

I shook my head again

"Please" a smile crept onto his lips

I shook my head but I couldn't help but smile a bit.

"Please" he let out a childish whine

"No" I pouted

He held my face with his hands "What's going on baby girl?"

I rubbed my eyes dry and let out my frustrations.

"The lockdown yesterday was because of me" I huffed out.

"What?"

"It's a long story" I let out a small chuckle "my dad's ex-girlfriend was in a gang and she came after us... again"

"What are you talking about?"

I don't know why I was treating it like a joke but to me, it hadn't set in as real yet.

"She's just unstable and she would threaten to kill me and my dad so we left Vancouver and came here. We hoped that we could just move and never see her again but she found us"

He sat there looking at me, speechless. I don't know what I expected but his reaction was proper.

"Why have you never told me this Amelia?!"

"There wasn't really a good time!" I retorted

We sat silently on the floor for a while. I don't think he knew what to say.

A knock on the door startled me but I just brushed it off, I couldn't be bothered to go see who it was.

"I might have to move" I whispered. My change in tone was weird to hear. I didn't mean to whisper

He looked at me and his eyes grew more open. His lips formed words but nothing but silence hung in the room.

"Why?" His tone was also more gentle

"It's unsafe" I shrugged it off but deep down inside I was so scared, not of Ethan of course but of leaving him.

Another knock on the door was heard but like before, I couldn't care less.

"You've only been here for two months and... and what about us?" His bottom lip started to shake

"Amelia!" A voice from downstairs softly called out. It was Ivy

"No no no" I tried to calm him down "I'm not moving I'm just saying I might" I shook my head and held his face in between my hands

"Amelia?" Mason called out from my living room

What the hell is going on?

"Why would you tell me this then?!" He whisper-yelled.

Ivy and Mason's footsteps came up the stairs.

UGH!

Ethan and I stood up not wanting to be caught by our friends

"I just like to be prepared and open with you. I'm sorry "

Knock knock

"Hey, Amelia? You in there?" Ivy called out from behind my bedroom door

"yeah! Just one second, I'm... changing" I made up

Ethan and I made eye contact and gave each other a look like 'what do we do?'

He pointed to the closet and I nodded. He opened the closet door and then closed it behind him.

Just as my closet door closed my bedroom door opened.

"Ivy!" Mason scolded "you can't just burst into people's houses and bedrooms when they're changing"

"But she said something was wrong, and look! She's upset" she came over and hugged me

"I'm fine" I assured them

"What's been going on Amelia? You've been distant" Mason asked as he pulled me into a hug

"Just some things..." I had to make an excuse to get them out of my room "hey, I'm feeling a bit claustrophobic could we go downstairs?"

They nodded and left my room.

"I'll be one second I just need to plug in my phone" I shouted down the stairs. I turned around and was my body was slammed against another. "I'm not going anywhere," I said into his shirt

"You scared me" Ethan pulled away to look at me

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to be transparent with you" I kissed him and pushed him to my window "you need to leave"

"Can I come over later?" He asked with a toothy smirk

"No"

"Please?" He whined as he opened my window to leave

"Fine" I caved in before kissing him and waving goodbye as he went through my window and left.

I turned around and went down my stairs to go tell my story to Mason and Ivy.